Posted on 2010-02-14. By anonymous.
Recorded Books | ISBN 1402532903 | Narrator Alyssa Bresnahan | 10CDs | MP3 96kbps | +PDF | 11Hrs 39Mins | 470Mb
Tracks every Â± 5 mins
On her way home from school on a snowy December day in 1973, 14-year-old Susie Salmon ("like the fish") is lured into a makeshift underground den in a cornfield and brutally raped and murdered, the latest victim of a serial killer--the man she knew as her neighbor, Mr. Harvey.
Alice Sebold's haunting and heartbreaking debut novel, The Lovely Bones, unfolds from heaven, where "life is a perpetual yesterday" and where Susie narrates and keeps watch over her grieving family and friends, as well as her brazen killer and the sad detective working on her case. As Sebold fashions it, everyone has his or her own version of heaven. Susie's resembles the athletic fields and landscape of a suburban high school: a heaven of her "simplest dreams," where "there were no teachers.... We never had to go inside except for art class.... The boys did not pinch our backsides or tell us we smelled; our textbooks were Seventeen and Glamour and Vogue."
The Lovely Bones works as an odd yet affecting coming-of-age story. Susie struggles to accept her death while still clinging to the lost world of the living, following her family's dramas over the years like an episode of My So-Called Afterlife. Her family disintegrates in their grief: her father becomes determined to find her killer, her mother withdraws, her little brother Buckley attempts to make sense of the new hole in his family, and her younger sister Lindsey moves through the milestone events of her teenage and young adult years with Susie riding spiritual shotgun. Random acts and missed opportunities run throughout the book--Susie recalls her sole kiss with a boy on Earth as "like an accident--a beautiful gasoline rainbow." Though sentimental at times, The Lovely Bones is a moving exploration of loss and mourning that ultimately puts its faith in the living and that is made even more powerful by a cast of convincing characters. Sebold orchestrates a big finish, and though things tend to wrap up a little too well for everyone in the end, one can only imagine (or hope) that heaven is indeed a place filled with such happy endings. --Brad Thomas Parsons --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
Sebold's first novel after her memoir, Lucky is a small but far from minor miracle. Sebold has taken a grim, media-exploited subject and fashioned from it a story that is both tragic and full of light and grace. The novel begins swiftly. In the second sentence, Sebold's narrator, Susie Salmon, announces, "I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973." Susie is taking a shortcut through a cornfield when a neighbor lures her to his hideaway. The description of the crime is chilling, but never vulgar, and Sebold maintains this delicate balance between homely and horrid as she depicts the progress of grief for Susie's family and friends. She captures the odd alliances forged and the relationships ruined: the shattered father who buries his sadness trying to gather evidence, the mother who escapes "her ruined heart, in merciful adultery." At the same time, Sebold brings to life an entire suburban community, from the mortician's son to the handsome biker dropout who quietly helps investigate Susie's murder. Much as this novel is about "the lovely bones" growing around Susie's absence, it is also full of suspense and written in lithe, resilient prose that by itself delights. Sebold's most dazzling stroke, among many bold ones, is to narrate the story from Susie's heaven (a place where wishing is having), providing the warmth of a first-person narration and the freedom of an omniscient one. It might be this that gives Sebold's novel its special flavor, for in Susie's every observation and memory of the smell of skunk or the touch of spider webs is the reminder that life is sweet and funny and surprising.
Wikepedia The Lovely Bones
RS Part 1
RS Part 2
RS Part 3
RS Part 4
RS Part 5
- Ebooks list page : 4662
- 2017-04-18Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones
- 2013-05-03Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones
- 2011-01-08Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones, Almost Moon, Lucky [PDF]
- 2010-12-26Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones, Almost Moon, Lucky [PDF]
- 2010-12-23Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones, Almost Moon, Lucky [PDF]
- 2010-12-08Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones, Almost Moon, Lucky [PDF]
- 2010-12-07Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones, Almost Moon, Lucky [PDF]
- 2010-10-30Three Books by Alice Sebold -The Lovely Bones and others
- 2011-08-27The Lovely Bones free ebook download
- 2011-07-16The Lovely Bones
- 2010-01-31The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (.MP3) AudioBook
- 2011-09-18The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- 2011-08-29The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- 2011-03-04Alice Sebold - 3 ebooks [The Lovely Bones, Almost Moon, Lucky] - Removed
- 2011-02-22Alice Sebold - 3 ebooks The Lovely Bones Almost Moon Lucky
- 2010-10-10Alice Sebold - 3 ebooks [The Lovely Bones, Almost Moon, Lucky]
- 2010-07-31[HF] The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
- 2010-03-12The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Lovely Bones
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.