Posted on 2009-05-06. By anonymous.
Association for Supervision & Curriculum Deve | 2001 | ISBN: 0871205734 | Pages: 95 | PDF | 5.50 MB
How many teachers take the time to connect with students on a personal level? How do you find the time, anyway? Teachers who manage to transcend the normal student-teacher relationships can benefit everyone in school--particularly the "challenging" students--and, along the way, prevent school violence, support school safety, improve school climate, and promote learning. In a time of an increasingly rigid "zero tolerance" of the slightest hint of violence, which results in automatic suspension or expulsion, Allen N. Mendler calls for a more caring, flexible approach to school safety.
Connecting with Students outlines dozens of positive strategies for bridging the gap between teacher and student through personal, academic, and social connections. Easily tailored to any learning environment, the activities and guidelines provide you with the tools you need in the classroom, from the "H & H" greeting to the "2 x 10" method, as well as the "4H," "think-aloud," and "paradoxical" strategies.
As both teachers and administrators alter their own attitudes and behavior, they learn to listen to students and accommodate their needs. The end result will be lasting relationships that can foster deeper understanding and growth for educators and students alike. In this book, you will discover ways to stay optimistic and persistent and see your students as having something to teach you.
Thanks to original uploader!
To see all of them use eBooks category.
If you enjoy my books look at my AvaxHome Blog
- Ebooks list page : 2767
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Connecting with Students: Strategies for Building Rapport with Urban Learners
- 2009-12-28Connecting With Students
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Connecting Your Students with the World: Tools and Projects to Make Global Collaboration Come Alive, K-8
- 2019-05-10The Inner Bonding Workbook Six Steps to Healing Yourself and Connecting with Your Divine Guidance
- 2019-04-30Lynda Connecting with Executives-ZH
- 2019-04-10Lynda Connecting with Executives-ZH
- 2019-04-03First Impression Mastery: 4 Steps To Connecting With Anyone
- 2019-04-02Lynda Connecting with Executives-ZH
- 2019-03-23Lynda Connecting with Executives-ZH
- 2019-03-21Jeff Allen - Execute The Program With All Bonuses
- 2019-03-18The Inner Bonding Workbook Six Steps to Healing Yourself and Connecting with Your Divine Guidance
- 2019-03-14Lynda Connecting with Executives-ZH
- 2019-03-12Lynda Connecting with Executives-ZH
- 2019-02-22Lynda Connecting with Executives-ZH
- 2019-02-04Portrait Photography on the Street Connecting with Strangers
- 2019-01-30Connecting with Executives ZH
- 2019-01-29Portrait Photography on the Street Connecting with Strangers
- 2019-01-11Connecting With Yourself Why we think, feel and act the way we do
- 2018-12-26Connecting With Yourself Why we think, feel and act the way we do
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.