Posted on 2016-10-19, by pherick.
Das, Saubhik, "Amaranthus: A Promising Crop of Future"
English | 2016 | ISBN-10: 981101468X | 208 pages | pdf | 8.8 MB
Provides a detailed account of taxonomy, phylogeny, breeding, evolution, dynamics of weed and herbicide resistance along with economic importance of Amaranths
Discovers the diversity and utility of Amaranths species across the world
Introduces and explores Amaranths species as a food crop
This book serves the larger community of plant researchers working on the taxonomy, species delimitation, phylogeny, and biogeography of pseudo-cereals, with a special emphasis on amaranths. It also provides extensive information on the nutritive value of underutilized pseudo-cereals, the goal being to broaden the vegetable list.
Amaranthus is a cosmopolitan genus of annual or short-lived perennial plants. Most of the species are summer annual weeds and are commonly referred to as pigweed. Only a few are cultivated as vitamin-rich vegetables and ornamentals. The protein-rich seeds of a handful of species, known as grain amaranths, are consumed as pseudo-cereals. Amaranthusmanifests considerable morphological diversity among and even within certain species, and there is no general agreement on the taxonomy or number of species. Currently the genus Amaranthus is believed to include three recognized subgenera and 70 species. Amatanthus is considered to potentially offer an alternative crop in temperate and tropical climate.
The classification of amaranths is ambiguous due to the lack of discrete and quantitative species-defining characteristics and the wide range of phenotypic plasticity, as well as introgression and hybridization involving weedy and crop species. It is a known fact that both vegetable and grain amaranths have evolved from their respective weed progenitors. There are more than 180 different weed species that are herbicide-resistant, and amaranths are considered to be leading members of the resistant biotypes. Amaranth species provide ample scope for investigating herbicide resistance mechanisms. Amaranths also show variability in terms of their mating behavior and germplasm, adaptability to different growing conditions, and wide range of variability in sexual systems, from monoecy to dioecy. A solid grasp of these parameters is essential to the future utilization of amaranths as super crops. There are quite a few amaranth research center and germplasm collections all over the world that maintain and evaluate working germplasms. To date, the genetic improvement of amaranths has primarily involved the application of conventional selection methods. But advances in genomics and biotechnology have dramatically enriched the potential to manipulate the amaranth genome, especially improving the amount and availability of nutrients.
In conclusion, the book covers all aspects of amaranths, including their food value, significance as vegetables and pseudo-cereals, taxonomy, phylogeny, germplasm variability, breeding behavior and strategies, cultivation practices, and variability in terms of their sexual systems. It offers a valuable resource for all students, researchers and experts working in the field of plant taxonomy and diversity.
[i][u]Buy Premium From My LinksTo Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD![/u][/i]
- Ebooks list page : 29101
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Amaranthus: A Promising Crop of Future
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Smart Collaborative Identifier Network: A Promising Design for Future Internet - Removed
- 2012-01-20The iPad Handbook 2012: Your Essential Guide to Mastering the iPad - Future Publishing
- 2018-06-29Medicinal Plants Promising Future for Health and New Drugs
- 2018-05-13Tropospheric Ozone and its Impacts on Crop Plants; A Threat to Future Global Food Security - Removed
- 2018-03-20Tropospheric Ozone and its Impacts on Crop Plants: A Threat to Future Global Food Security - Removed
- 2012-03-18A Once and Future Gulf of Mexico Ecosystem: Restoration Recommendations of an Expert Working Group - Removed
- 2012-01-24Future R&D Environments: A Report for the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2012-01-20Pre-Milestone A and Early-Phase Systems Engineering: A Retrospective Review and Benefits for Future Air Force Acquisition - Committee On Pre-Milestone A Systems Engineering: A Retrospective Review And Benefits For Future Air Force Systems Ac
- 2012-01-19Governance and Opportunity in Metropolitan America - Committee On Improving The Future Of U.S. Cities Through Improved Metropolitan Area Governance
- 2012-01-08Future Science Opportunities in Antarctica and the Southern Ocean - Committee On Future Science Opportunities In Antarctica And The Southern Ocean, National Research Co
- 2012-01-02The iPad Handbook 2012: Your Essential Guide to Mastering the iPad
- 2012-01-01The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-12-30A Future for Socialism by John E. Roemer
- 2011-12-22Future Science Opportunities in Antarctica and the Southern Ocean - Committee On Future Science Opportunities In Antarctica And The Southern Ocean, National Research Co
- 2011-12-22"Future of the Nuclear Security Environment in 2015" ed. by Ashot A. Sarkisov and Rose Gottemoeller
- 2011-12-19Future Science Opportunities in Antarctica and the Southern Ocean - Committee On Future Science Opportunities In Antarctica And The Southern Ocean, National Research Co
- 2011-12-14Future Science Opportunities in Antarctica and the Southern Ocean - Committee On Future Science Opportunities In Antarctica And The Southern Ocean, National Research Co
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.