An Introduction to Non-Abelian Discrete Symmetries for Particle Physicists (Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 858) (repost)
Posted on 2014-04-25. By anonymous.
English | 2012-07-25 | ISBN: 364230804X | PDF | 295 pages | 2,8 MB
These lecture notes provide a tutorial review of non-Abelian discrete groups and show some applications to issues in physics where discrete symmetries constitute an important principle for model building in particle physics.
While Abelian discrete symmetries are often imposed in order to control couplings for particle physics - in particular model building beyond the standard model - non-Abelian discrete symmetries have been applied to understand the three-generation flavor structure in particular. Indeed, non-Abelian discrete symmetries are considered to be the most attractive choice for the flavor sector: model builders have tried to derive experimental values of quark and lepton masses, and mixing angles by assuming non-Abelian discrete flavor symmetries of quarks and leptons, yet, lepton mixing has already been intensively discussed in this context, as well. The possible origins of the non-Abelian discrete symmetry for flavors is another topic of interest, as they can arise from an underlying theory - e.g. the string theory or compactification via orbifolding â€“ thereby providing a possible bridge between the underlying theory and the corresponding low-energy sector of particle physics. This text explicitly introduces and studies the group-theoretical aspects of many concrete groups and shows how to derive conjugacy classes, characters, representations, and tensor products for these groups (with a finite number) when algebraic relations are given, thereby enabling readers to apply this to other groups of interest.
- Ebooks list page : 26447
- 2017-10-18[PDF] An Introduction to Non-Abelian Discrete Symmetries for Particle Physicists (Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 858)
- 2013-01-02An Introduction to Non-Abelian Discrete Symmetries for Particle Physicists
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Symmetries of Integro-Differential Equations: With Applications in Mechanics and Plasma Physics (Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 806) - Removed
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Qcd: Renormalization for the Practitioner (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Topology and Geometry for Physics (Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 822)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Fourier Transformation for Pedestrians (Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics) - Removed
- 2017-11-16[PDF] The Axiom of Constructibility: A Guide for the Mathematician (Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 617) - Removed
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Archaeoastronomy: Introduction to the Science of Stars and Stones (Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Local-Moment Ferromagnets: Unique Properties for Modern Applications (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Lectures On Groups And Vector Spaces For Physicists (World Scientific Lecture Notes in Physics Vol. 31)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Metastable and Unstable States (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-10-09[PDF] An Introduction to Riemann Surfaces, Algebraic Curves and Moduli Spaces (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Qcd: Renormalization for the Practitioner (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2013-07-09Statistical Methods for Physical Science (Methods of Experimental Physics, Vol. 28) (repost)
- 2011-11-28Foundations Of Quantum Chromodynamics: An Introduction to Perturbative Methods in Gauge Theories (World Scientific Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2010-12-01Non-Equilibrium Nano-Physics: A Many-Body Approach (Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol.809)
- 2010-12-01An Introduction to Quantum Spin Systems (Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 816)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Introduction to Non-Abelian Class Field Theory, An: Automorphic Forms of Weight 1 and 2-Dimensional Galois Representations (Series on Number Theory and Its Applications)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Introduction to Nonlinear Dynamics for Physicists (World Scientific Lecture Notes in Physics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.