Author: Terence Tao
Publisher: Hindustan Book Agency
Posted on 2011-05-29, by sharebookfree.
Analysis II (Texts and Readings in Mathematics, No. 38) (v. 2)
Terence Tao | Hindustan Book Agency | 2011-05-29 | 272 pages | English | DJVU
This book (as well as the 1st volume) comes out from the author's lecture notes. It's decent work but I would expect much more from a renowned mathematician. The book takes a very formal approach. It starts with building the number systems, from natural numbers to real numbers. The proofs are generally more detailed than similar text books. The chapters on Lebesgue integration are good. The author explains why the Lebesgue measure exists, instead of just presenting the definitions and theorems, like most introductory books do. The remarks dotted everywhere are instructive, reflecting the author's broad knowledge in mathematics. No surprise, given Tao is one of the most versatile mathematicians in our time. The bottom line is it's good but not exceptional. For introductory analysis book, I'll still choose Rudin's "Principles of Mathematical Analysis". It covers more topics yet it's more concise than these 2 volumes. According to the back of the book, this book (and volume 1) are designed for an honors undergrad analysis class. This, however, is most definitely not the case. The book, especially volume 1, is quite basic: The first 150 pages are devoted to constructing the real numbers, and fundamentals (set theory, functions). The exercises aren't too bad, and the style of writing is nice. In volume 1 there are a few typos, and in Volume 2 there are a lot of typos (check Tao's UCLA page for an errata). My main complaint about the book is that Tao defines things his own way (which often differs from Rudin's book and others), so it is a little tough to supplement with other books.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 11676
- 2013-07-17Analysis II (Texts and Readings in Mathematics)
- 2013-07-06Analysis II (Texts and Readings in Mathematics)
- 2013-05-23Analysis II (Texts and Readings in Mathematics) (repost)
- 2011-04-01Analysis II (Texts and Readings in Mathematics)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Functional Analysis (Texts and Readings in Mathematics)
- 2011-09-27Functional Analysis (Texts and Readings in Mathematics)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Iranian Mathematics Competitions, 1973-2007 (Texts and Readings in Mathematics)
- 2010-10-14Algebraic Topology: A Primer (Texts and Readings in Mathematics)
- 2011-10-12Psychological Insight into the Bible: Texts and Readings
- 2011-12-26The Theory of Best Approximation and Functional Analysis (Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics - Vol 13)
- 2011-12-04The Theory of Best Approximation and Functional Analysis (Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics - Vol 13)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Texts and Practices: Readings in Critical Discourse Analysis
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Texts and Practices: Readings in Critical Discourse Analysis
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Advanced Mathematical Analysis: Periodic Functions and Distributions, Complex Analysis, Laplace Transform and Applications (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] A Course in Calculus and Real Analysis (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)
- 2013-04-18Real and Convex Analysis (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)
- 2013-04-16Real and Convex Analysis (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)
- 2012-04-25Problems and Solutions for Undergraduate Analysis (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) by Rami Shakarchi (Repost)
- 2012-01-19Optima and Equilibria: An Introduction to Nonlinear Analysis (Graduate Texts in Mathematics) - Jean-Pierre Aubin
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.