Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2013-11-05. By anonymous.
Dennis E. Showalter, "Armor and Blood: The Battle of Kursk: The Turning Point of World War II"
ISBN: 1400066778 | 2013 | EPUB/MOBI | 368 pages | 5 MB/4 MB
One of Americaâ€™s most distinguished military historians offers the definitive account of the greatest tank battle of World War IIâ€”an epic clash of machines and men that matched the indomitable will of the Soviet Red Army against the awesome might of the Nazi Wehrmacht.
While the Battle of Kursk has long captivated World War II aficionados, it has been unjustly overlooked by historians. Drawing on the masses of new information made available by the opening of the Russian military archives, Dennis Showalter at last corrects that error. This battle was the critical turning point on World War IIâ€™s Eastern Front. In the aftermath of the Red Armyâ€™s brutal repulse of the Germans at Stalingrad, the stakes could not have been higher. More than three million men and eight thousand tanks met in the heart of the Soviet Union, some four hundred miles south of Moscow, in an encounter that both sides knew would reshape the war. The adversaries were at the peak of their respective powers. On both sides, the generals and the dictators they served were in agreement on where, why, and how to fight. The result was a furious death grapple between two of historyâ€™s most formidable fighting forcesâ€”a battle that might possibly have been the greatest of all time.
In Armor and Blood, Showalter re-creates every aspect of this dramatic struggle. He offers expert perspective on strategy and tactics at the highest levels, from the halls of power in Moscow and Berlin to the battlefield command posts on both sides. But it is the authorâ€™s exploration of the human dimension of armored combat that truly distinguishes this book. In the classic tradition of John Keeganâ€™s The Face of Battle, Showalterâ€™s narrative crackles with insight into the unique dynamics of tank warfareâ€”its effect on menâ€™s minds as well as their bodies. Scrupulously researched, exhaustively documented, and vividly illustrated, this book is a chilling testament to manâ€™s ability to build and to destroy.
When the dust settled, the field at Kursk was nothing more than a wasteland of steel carcasses, dead soldiers, and smoking debris. The Soviet victory ended German hopes of restoring their position on the Eastern Front, and put the Red Army on the road to Berlin. Armor and Blood presents readers with what will likely be the authoritative study of Kursk for decades to come.
- Ebooks list page : 23678
- 2013-11-26Armor and Blood: The Battle of Kursk: The Turning Point of World War I
- 2019-01-31The Battle for North Africa El Alamein and the Turning Point for World War II (Twentieth-Century
- 2018-06-29The Battle for North Africa El Alamein and the Turning Point for World War II
- 2019-03-11Alamein The Turning Point of World War Two by Iain Gale
- 2019-03-02Alamein The Turning Point of World War Two by Iain Gale
- 2011-04-18Alamein: The Turning Point of World War Two
- 2012-05-12Battle Colors: Insignia and Aircraft Markings of the Eighth Air Force in World War II (Volume I - Bomber Command )
- 2012-06-07The German Army in World War II (Osprey General Military) - Removed
- 2012-05-20Over There!: The American Soldier in World War I (The G.I.Series #7)
- 2018-05-09Churchill and Tito SOE, Bletchley Park and Supporting the Yugoslav Communists in World War II
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Stalingrad and Leningrad: The Deadliest Battles of World War II
- 2014-03-26Chewing Gum, Candy Bars, and Beer: The Army Px in World War II (repost)
- 2011-05-22Chewing Gum, Candy Bars, and Beer: The Army Px in World War II
- 2012-05-12Battle Colors Volume III: Insignia and Tactical Markings Of The Ninth Air Force In World War Two
- 2012-05-11Panzers In The Balkans And Italy Quarrie (World War 2 Photo Album #19)
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Biggest Battles of the Eastern Front During World War II: The Siege of Leningrad, the Battle of Stalingrad, the Battle of Moscow, the Battle of Kursk, and the Battle of Berlin
- 2008-05-18Blue Skies and Blood: The Battle of the Coral Sea by Edwin P. Hoyt
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.