Posted on 2014-02-24. By anonymous.
ISBN: 3642450938 | 2013 | PDF | 351 pages | 3.1 MB
In the age of economic globalisation, do art and heritage matter? Once the domain of elitist practitioners and scholars, the governance of cultural heritage and the destiny of iconic artefacts have emerged as the new frontier of international law, making headlines and attracting the varied interests of academics and policy-makers, museum curators and collectors, human rights activists and investment lawyers and artists and economists, just to mention a few. The return of cultural artefacts to their legitimate owners, the recovery of underwater cultural heritage and the protection and promotion of artistic expressions are just some of the pressing issues addressed by this book.
Contemporary intersections between art, cultural heritage and the market are complicated by a variety of ethical and legal issues, which often describe complex global relations. Should works of art be treated differently from other goods? What happens if a work of art, currently exhibited in a museum, turns out to have originally been looted? What is the relevant legal framework? What should be done with ancient shipwrecks filled with objects from former colonies? Should such objects be kept by the finders? Should they be returned to the country of origin? This book addresses these different questions while highlighting the complex interplay between legal and ethical issues in the context of cultural governance. The approach is mainly legal but interdisciplinary aspects are considered as well.
Please inform me if link is dead!
- Ebooks list page : 25273
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Art, Cultural Heritage and the Market: Ethical and Legal Issues
- 2018-12-28Architecture, Urban Space and War The Destruction and Reconstruction of Sarajevo (Palgrave Studies in Cultural Heritage and Conflict)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Archaeology, Cultural Heritage, and the Antiquities Trade (Cultural Heritage Studies)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Little Kingdom by the Sea: Secrets of the KLM Houses Revealed, a Celebration of Dutch Cultural Heritage and Architecture
- 2017-11-11[PDF] UNESCO, Cultural Heritage, and Outstanding Universal Value: Value-based Analyses of the World Heritage and Intangible Cultural Heritage Conventions (Archaeology in Society)
- 2011-11-09Cultural Heritage and Development: A Framework for Action in the Middle East and North Africa
- 2011-10-30Cultural Heritage and Development: A Framework for Action in the Middle East and North Africa
- 2011-09-25Authentic Human Destiny: The Paths of Shankara and Heidegger (Cultural Heritage and Contemporary Change. Series Iiib, South Asia, V. 1)
- 2011-05-19Cultural Heritage and Tourism in the Developing World: A Regional Perspective (Contemporary Geographies of Leisure, Tourism and Mobility) - Removed
- 2010-04-04Cultural Heritage and Tourism in the Developing World: A Regional Perspective (Contemporary Geographies of Leisure, Tourism and Mobility) - Removed
- 2009-07-28Cultural Heritage and Tourism in the Developing World - Removed
- 2019-01-31Cultural Heritage and Human Rights - Removed
- 2019-01-15The Power of Pills Social, Ethical and Legal Issues in Drug Development, Marketing and Pricing
- 2019-01-14Cultural Heritage and Human Rights
- 2019-01-10The Power of Pills Social, Ethical and Legal Issues in Drug Development, Marketing and Pricing
- 2018-08-16Cultural Heritage and International Law Objects, Means and Ends of International Protection
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Cultural Property Crime: An Overview and Analysis on Contemporary Perspectives and Trends (Heritage and Identity: Issues in Cultural Heritage Protection)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Latinos in Ethnic Enclaves: Immigrant Workers and the Competition for Jobs (Latino Communities: Emerging Voices - Political, Social, Cultural and Legal Issues)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Cultural, Psychological and Typological Issues in Cognitive Linguistics: Selected papers of the bi-annual ICLA meeting in Albuquerque, July 1995 (Current Issues in Linguistic Theory)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.