Posted on 2017-06-19, by everest555.
Arthur Cotterell, "Asia: A Concise History"
2011 | ISBN: 0470825049 | PDF | 450 pages | 16 MB
From one of the world's leading historian's comprehensive narrative of the 3,000 years that have formed Asia's people, culture, and global destiny
Tracing its origins in Mesopotamia to its modern role on the global geopolitical stage, historian Arthur Cotterell offers a compelling, lively, and readable account of one of the most culturally diverse, and often misunderstood, parts of the world. Beginning with the emergence of the world's earliest civilization in 3000 BC, Asia: A Concise History provides a fascinating look at the global convulsions?like the rise and fall of Assyria and Persia, the medieval states that flourished after the advent of Islam, and the modern transformations triggered by the lightning conquests of imperial Japan?that have shaped the continent.
Covers the great events and figures of Asian history, along with a look at the monumental remains that bear witness to those times: the ziggurats of Iraq, the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China, the temple of Angkor Wat
Includes fascinating slices of history, including funeral arrangements for Qin Shi Huangdi in 210 BC; an extract from Lord Macartney's journal of his 1793 diplomatic mission to the Qing emperor Qian Long; and Toyotomi Hideyoshi's edict of 1587 banning firearms in Japan
Features boxed inserts of special interest?like a Babylonian recipe for lamb stew circa 1500 BC
Contains over 100 illustrations, maps, and photos
Other books by Cotterell: The Minoan World, The First Emperor of China, The Encyclopedia of Mythology, and Chariot
Destined to become a reference staple for history buffs and students of Asian history, Asia: A Concise History offers readers a breathtaking narrative and wealth of detail that make the formative periods, key events, and personalities from this once remote part of the world come alive.
- Ebooks list page : 31662
- 2013-02-07Asia: A Concise History (repost)
- 2012-01-21Asia: A Concise History - Arthur Cotterell
- 2011-12-09Asia- A Concise History by Arthur Cotterell
- 2011-12-05Asia: A Concise History by Arthur Cotterell
- 2011-05-10Asia: A Concise History
- 2009-02-19Beijing: A Concise History (Routledge Studies in the Modern History of Asia)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Understanding World War I: A Concise History
- 2017-12-06[PDF] A Concise History of Japan (Cambridge Concise Histories)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Western Esotericism: A Concise History
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Islam in South Asia: A Short History (Themes in Islamic Studies)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Southeast Asia: An Introductory History
- 2017-11-23[PDF] A Concise History of U.S. Foreign Policy
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Atomic Bombs and Dynamite: The concise history of Atomic Bombs their history and development.
- 2017-11-19[PDF] The Business of Electronics: A Concise History
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Concise History of the Crusades, 3rd Edition
- 2017-11-15[PDF] German Wars: A Concise History, 1859-1945
- 2017-11-14[PDF] The Unfinished Nation: A Concise History of the American People (6th edition)
- 2017-11-13[PDF] The Routledge Concise History of Canadian Literature
- 2017-11-11[PDF] A Concise History of Indian Art
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.