Posted on 2013-08-02. By anonymous.
English | 2012 | ISBN: 184821393X | 384 pages | PDF | 10 MB
Today, audiovisual archives and libraries have become very popular especially in the field of collecting, preserving and transmitting cultural heritage. However, the data in these archives or libraries - videos, images, soundtracks, etc. - constitute as such only potential cognitive resources for a given public (or â€œtarget communityâ€).
One of the most crucial issues of digital audiovisual libraries is indeed to enable users to actively appropriate audiovisual resources for their own concern (in research, education or any other professional or non-professional context). This means, an adaptation of the audiovisual data to the specific needs of a user or user group can be represented by small and closed "communities" as well as by networks of open communities around the globe.
"Active appropriation" is, basically speaking, the use of existing digital audiovisual resources by users or user communities according to their expectations, needs, interests or desires. This process presupposes: 1) the definition and development of models or "scenarios" of cognitive processing of videos by the user; 2) the availability of tools necessary for defining, developing, reusing and sharing meta-linguistic resources such as thesauruses, ontologies or description models by users or user communities.
Both aspects are central to the so-called semiotic turn in dealing with digital (audiovisual) texts, corpora of texts or again entire (audiovisual) archives and libraries. They demonstrate practically and theoretically the well-known â€œfrom data to metadataâ€ or â€œfrom (simple) information to (relevant) knowledgeâ€ problem, which obviously directly influences the effective use, social impact and relevancy, and therefore also the future, of digital knowledge archives. This book offers a systematic, comprehensive approach to these questions from a theoretical as well as practical point of view.
Part 1. The Practical, Technical and Theoretical Context
1. Analysis of an Audiovisual Resource.
2. The Audiovisual Semiotic Workshop (ASW) Studio â€“ A Brief Presentation.
3. A Concrete Example of a Model for Describing Audiovisual Content.
4. Model of Description and Task of Analysis.
Part 2. Tasks in Analyzing an Audiovisual Corpus
5. The Analytical Task of â€œDescribing the Knowledge Objectâ€.
6. The Analytical Task of â€œContextualizing the Domain of Knowledgeâ€.
7. The Analytical Task of â€œAnalyzing the Discourse Production around a Subjectâ€.
Part 3. Procedures of Description
8. Definition of the Domain of Knowledge and Configuration of the Topical Structure.
9. The Procedure of Free Description of an Audiovisual Corpus.
10. The Procedure of Controlled Description of an Audiovisual Corpus.
Part 4. The ASW System of Metalinguistic Resources
11. An Overview of the ASW Metalinguistic Resources.
12. The Meta-lexicon Representing the ASW Universe of Discourse.
- Ebooks list page : 22853
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Audiovisual Archives: Digital Text and Discourse Analysis
- 2014-01-07AUDIOVISUAL ARCHIVES DIGITAL TEXT AND DISCOURSE ANALYSIS-WILEY pdf-ke
- 2013-08-28Audiovisual Archives: Digital Text and Discourse Analysis
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Methods of Text and Discourse Analysis: In Search of Meaning
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Discourse and Digital Practices: Doing discourse analysis in the digital age
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Speech Acts in Argumentative Discussions: A Theoretical Model for the Analysis of Discussions Directed... (Pragmatics and Discourse Analysis)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Introduction to Digital Signal and System Analysis
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Automated Evaluation of Text and Discourse with Coh-Metrix
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Frames of Understanding in Text and Discourse: Theoretical foundations and descriptive applications (Human Cognitive Processing)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Disability and Discourse Analysis (Interdisciplinary Disability Studies)
- 2014-05-09Automated Evaluation of Text and Discourse with Coh-Metrix
- 2013-09-05"Introduction to Digital Signal and System Analysis" by Weiji Wang
- 2013-07-27Beyond the Great Story: History as Text and Discourse (repost)
- 2012-08-29Cultural Studies and Discourse Analysis: A Dialogue on Language and Identity [Repost]
- 2012-06-01The Music of Everyday Speech: Prosody and Discourse Analysis (repost)
- 2011-09-29The Music of Everyday Speech: Prosody and Discourse Analysis
- 2011-09-21Cultural Studies and Discourse Analysis: A Dialogue on Language and Identity
- 2011-07-31Beyond the Great Story - History as Text and Discourse
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.