Author: R. J. W. Evans
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2011-09-20, by LionFar.
|Title:Austria, Hungary, and the Habsburgs: Central Europe c.1683-1867 free ebook download
|Description:This book address a number of interrelated themes over two hundred years and more in the political, religious, cultural, and social history of a broad but often neglected swathe of the European continent. It seeks - against the grain of conventional presentations - to apprehend the era from the later seventeenth to the later nineteenth century as a whole, and to demonstrate continuities, as well as casting light on key aspects of the evolution towards modern statehood and national awareness in Central Europe, and the crises of ancien-regime strucutres there in the face of new challenges at home and abroad.
Each of the essays - some of which specially written for this volume, and others available for the first time in English - is intended to be free-standing and accessible on its own; but they are also designed to fit together and demonstrate an overall coherence. Much attention is devoted to the Austrian or Habsburg lands, especially the interplay of the main territories which comprised them. A central issue here is the evoltuion of the kingdom of Hungary, from its full acquisition by the Habsburgs at the beginning of the period to the emergence of the dual Austro-Hungarian Monarchy at the end. But the chapters also range more boradly, both territorially and chronologically.
Though much of the scholarship underpinning this masterly exploration may be unfamiliar to many readers, this is a an elegantly written and stimulating collection, which reflects the exploratory and individual character of the essay as a genre.
Download Austria, Hungary, and the Habsburgs: Central Europe c.1683-1867 free ebook download
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 13785
- 2007-11-02Austria, Hungary, and the Habsburgs: Central Europe c.1683-1867
- 2011-11-27Austria, Hungary, And The Habsburgs Central Europe
- 2010-06-22Austria, Hungary, And The Habsburgs Central Europe 1683-1918
- 2012-11-23Austria, Hungary, And The Habsburgs
- 2012-01-28Ordinary Geniuses: Max Delbruck, George Gamow, and the Origins of Genomics andBig Bang Cosmology free ebook download
- 2012-01-24Terrorism and the Illuminati: A Three Thousand Year History free ebook download
- 2012-01-23Sultana: Surviving the Civil War, Prison, and the Worst Maritime Disaster in American History free ebook download
- 2011-12-17Romanticism, Maternity, and the Body Politic (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism) free ebook download
- 2011-11-20Medieval Armies and Weapons in Western Europe: An Illustrated History free ebook download
- 2011-11-17Algebra: Sets, Symbols, and the Language of Thought (History of Mathematics) free ebook download
- 2011-10-09The Most Controversial Decision: Truman, the Atomic Bombs, and the Defeat of Japan (Cambridge Essential Histories) free ebook download
- 2011-09-06Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust at Ground Zero free ebook download
- 2011-12-15Breast Cancer and the Environment: A Life Course Approach free ebook download
- 2019-07-08@#(Excellent) - Why You Should Read The Edge of the World: A Cultural History of the North Sea and the Transformation of Europe by Michael Pye Online or Download [$PDF $EPUB $MOBI]
- 2012-01-19Evening's Empire: The Story of My Father's Murder free ebook download
- 2012-01-07Measure Twice, Cut Once: Simple Steps to Measure, Scale, Draw and Make the Perfect Cut-Every Time. (Popular Woodworking) free ebook download
- 2011-12-29Understanding Search Engines: Mathematical Modeling and Text Retrieval (Software, Environments, Tools), Second Edition free ebook download
- 2011-12-26Digital and Other Virtualities: Renegotiating the Image (New Encounters: Arts, Cultures, Concepts) free ebook download - Removed
- 2011-12-11The Coming to America Cookbook: Delicious Recipes and Fascinating Stories from America's Many Cultures free ebook download
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.