Posted on 2017-09-18, by nokia241186.
Bargaining on Nuclear Tests: Washington and its Cold War Deals by Or Rabinowitz
2014 | ISBN: 0198702930 | English | 256 pages | PDF | 1 MB
Most observers who follow nuclear history agree on one major aspect regarding Israel's famous policy of nuclear ambiguity; mainly that it is an exception. More specifically, it is largely accepted that the 1969 Nixon-Meir understanding, which formally established Israel's policy of nuclear ambiguity and transformed it from an undeclared Israeli strategy into a long-lasting undisclosed bilateral agreement, was in fact a singularity, aimed at allowing Washington to turn a blind eye to the existence of an Israeli arsenal. According to conventional wisdom, this nuclear bargain was a foreign policy exception on behalf of Washington, an exception which reflected a relationship growing closer and warmer between the superpower leading the free world and its small Cold War associate. Contrary to the orthodox narrative, this research demonstrates that this was not the case. The 1969 bargain was not, in fact, an exception, but rather the first of three Cold War era deals on nuclear tests brokered by Washington with its Cold War associates, the other two being Pakistan and South Africa. These two deals are not well known and until now were discussed and explored in the literature in a very limited fashion. Bargaining on Nuclear Tests places the role of nuclear tests by American associates, as well as Washington's attempts to prevent and delay them, at the heart of a new nuclear history narrative.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 31958
- 2018-11-09Continental Defense in the Eisenhower Era Nuclear Antiaircraft Arms and the Cold War
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2018-10-07Japan, South Korea, and the United States Nuclear Umbrella Deterrence After the Cold War
- 2009-08-05US Nuclear Weapons Policy since the Cold War: Russians, 'Rogues' and Domestic Division
- 2019-03-25The Cuban Missile Crisis and the Cold War A Short History with Documents
- 2019-03-21The Cuban Missile Crisis and the Cold War A Short History with Documents
- 2019-03-07The Cuban Missile Crisis and the Cold War A Short History with Documents
- 2019-01-15West Germany, the Global South and the Cold War
- 2019-01-10West Germany, the Global South and the Cold War
- 2018-12-26West Germany, the Global South and the Cold War
- 2018-12-20Selling the American Way U.S. Propaganda and the Cold War
- 2018-12-19Cultural Exchange and the Cold War Raising the Iron Curtain
- 2018-12-17Selling the American Way: U.S. Propaganda and the Cold War
- 2018-12-05Media and the Cold War in the 1980s Between Star Wars and Glasnost
- 2018-11-28Oceanographers and the Cold War Disciples of Marine Science
- 2018-11-21American Labor and the Cold War Grassroots Politics and Postwar Political Culture
- 2018-11-15European Integration and the Cold War Ostpolitik-Westpolitik, 1965-1973
- 2018-10-31A Covert Action Reagan, the CIA, and the Cold War Struggle in Poland [Audiobook]
- 2018-10-07Defence Intelligence and the Cold War Britain's Joint Intelligence Bureau 1945-1964
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.