Bending Toward Justice The Birmingham Church Bombing That Changed the Course of Civil Rights [Aud...
Posted on 2019-03-06, by voska89.
Doug Jones (Author, Narrator), Greg Truman, "Bending Toward Justice: The Birmingham Church Bombing That Changed the Course of Civil Rights"
ASIN: B07C22ZWNF, ISBN: 1250316472 | 2019 | MP3@64 kbps | ~15:03:00 | 426 MB
This program is read by the author.
On September 15, 1963, the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, AL, was bombed, killing four young girls. It was clear that white supremacists were responsible. The community activists who gathered at the church had recently succeeded in desegregating Birmingham public schools, and this was an act of revenge.
The girls did not die in vain; the public outrage brought on by this senseless tragedy was crucial to the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. But who were the perpetrators? Alabamians would have to wait a long time to find out. Due to reluctant witnesses and racial prejudice, the FBI closed the case without any indictments.
But as Martin Luther King, Jr., famously claimed, "the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." When William Baxley became state attorney general years later, he reopened the case, ultimately convicting one of the bombers in 1977. Another suspect passed away in 1994, and author Doug Jones himself prosecuted and convicted the final two perpetrators - a correction of an outrageous miscarriage of justice that was nearly 40 years in the making.
Bending Toward Justice is a detailed account of this key moment in our national struggle for equality and the long road to prosecuting those responsible for the tragedy, related by an author who played a major role in the investigation. It is destined to become the next addition to our civil rights canon.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 39586
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Bending Toward Justice: The Voting Rights Act and the Transformation of American Democracy
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Battle for the Souls of Black Folk: W.E.B. Du Bois, Booker T. Washington, and the Debate That Shaped the Course of Civil Rights
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Global Urban Justice: The Rise of Human Rights Cities
- 2011-12-17America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2011-11-25America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2019-02-22Levittown Two Families, One Tycoon, and the Fight for Civil Rights in America's Legendary Suburb
- 2019-01-30Levittown Two Families, One Tycoon, and the Fight for Civil Rights in America's Legendary Suburb ...
- 2018-06-26Eisenhower vs. Warren The Battle for Civil Rights and Liberties
- 2018-05-31Levittown Two Families, One Tycoon, and the Fight for Civil Rights in America's Legendary Suburb
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Fighting Their Own Battles: Mexican Americans, African Americans, and the Struggle for Civil Rights in Texas
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Saving the Soul of Georgia: Donald L. Hollowell and the Struggle for Civil Rights (Sarah Mills Hodge Fund Publication)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Integrating the Gridiron: Black Civil Rights and American College Football
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Freedom Facts and Firsts: 400 Years of the African American Civil Rights Experience
- 2016-10-20Saving the Soul of Georgia Donald L. Hollowell and the Struggle for Civil Rights
- 2014-02-01Waking from the Dream: The Struggle for Civil Rights in the Shadow of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 2012-06-24Integrating the Gridiron: Black Civil Rights and American College Football
- 2011-12-07Freedom Facts and Firsts: 400 Years of the African American Civil Rights Experience
- 2011-11-02Red Power: The Native American Civil Rights Movement (Landmark Events in Native American History)
- 2011-08-01Red Power: The Native American Civil Rights Movement (Landmark Events in Native American History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.