Author: Henry Kuttner
Date: March, 1975
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Posted on 2012-01-14, by 4bookholic.
Best of Henry Kuttner
Henry Kuttner | Ballantine Books | March, 1975 | 416 pages | English | PDF
Kuttner is one of the best sci fi writers ever. Died too soon in 1958. He and his wife, CL Moore, colloborated on many great stories, including Mimsy. Check out her stories as well. Too bad he left us so soon, a real tragedy (and unknown) to sci fi literature. Woth it for Mimsy alone; however the other stories are a bonus. 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wade; All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe." Lewis Carroll "Mimsy Were the Borogoves" is on tape and even on vinyl at one time. It can also be found in some of Henry Kuttner books. It is a small sci-fi story about a formula that allows you into an alternate universe that everyone used to have access to. The problem with getting there is that it requires a different paradigm and a formula. The paradigm requires a mindset that diapers as we get older and the formula is in front of us if we know where to look. An added plus is that the tape version is read to us enthusiastically by William Shatner. Playing around with time travel he needed something to put into the cube. He chose some of his old toys. The box never came back. After trying for a second time with no success he gave up and moved on. The Last Mimzy (Widescreen Infinifilm Edition) Henry Kuttner was a master of thoughtful, humorous and bitter scifi. He was so prolific that he used at least 5 pen names, including Lewis Padgett. My all time favorite story is "Mimsy Were The Borogroves". If that story doesn't give you shudders, then you are no longer alive. His stuff was well written, well plotted and wonderfully presented. If you have never read Kuttner, I envy you. Reading him for the first time is an amazing experience. Please get this book, in whatever form you can.
- Ebooks list page : 17019
- 2011-12-29Best of Henry Kuttner - Henry Kuttner
- 2011-12-12Best of Henry Kuttner - Henry Kuttner
- 2013-07-18The Best of Henry Kuttner (SF anthology) (epub / mobi)
- 2013-05-05David Drake, Eric Flint, Henry Kuttner and Ryk E Spoor "Mountain Magic"
- 2012-05-13"Synchronized Chronology: Rethinking Middle East Antiquity" by Roger Henry
- 2012-03-20New Perspectives on Microsoft Expression Web 2007, Introductory By Henry Bojack
- 2012-03-16Nancy Eisenberg, Paul Henry Mussen, "The Roots of Prosocial Behavior in Children"
- 2012-03-13Henry Davis, "Medieval Europe"
- 2012-02-24Diva's Last Curtain Call - Angela Henry
- 2012-02-20Black & White Photography – A Basic Manual - Henry Horenstein
- 2012-02-20The Immigration Guide to the USA: How to Find a New Life in America - Henry Liebman
- 2012-02-19American Academy of Pediatrics Textbook of Pediatric Care - Thomas K. McInerny, Henry M. Adam, Deborah E. Campbell
- 2012-02-14An Introductory Treatise On Dynamical Astronomy - Henry C. Plummer
- 2012-02-14Experimental Aspects of Quantum Computing - Henry O. Everitt
- 2012-02-13Novel Food Ingredients for Weight control (Woodhead Publishing in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition) - C.J.K. Henry
- 2012-02-13Schooled In Lies - Angela Henry
- 2012-02-12Elementary Statistics Tables (Open University Text) - Henry R. Neave - Removed
- 2012-02-10Walden (Webster’s Thesaurus Edition) - Henry David Thoreau
- 2012-02-09A Dictionary of Transport Analysis - Kenneth Button, Henry Vega And Peter Nijkamp
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.