Posted on 2017-07-17, by everest555.
Between Them: Remembering My Parents by Richard Ford
English | May 2, 2017 | ISBN: 0062661884, 0062670344 | EPUB | 192 pages | 3.6 MB
From the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Sportswriter comes a deeply personal account of his parents - an intimate portrait of American mid-twentieth century life, and a celebration of family love
Richard Ford's parents volunteered little about their early lives - and he rarely asked. Later, he pieced their stories together from anecdote, history and the occasional photograph, frozen moments linking him to another time.
Edna Akin, a dark-eyed Arkansas beauty whose convent education was cut short by her itinerant parents, fell in love aged only seventeen. Parker Ford was a tall country boy with a warm, hesitant smile, who was working at a grocery in Hot Springs. They married and began a life on the road in the American South, as Parker followed his travelling salesman's job. The 1930s were like one long weekend, a swirl of miles traversed, cocktails drunk and hotel rooms vacated: New Orleans, Memphis, Texarkana. Then a single, late child was born, changing everything.
In this book, Richard Ford evokes a vivid panorama of mid-twentieth century America, and an intimate portrait of family life. Exploring children's changing perception of their parents, he also reflects on the impact of loss and devotion. Written with the intelligence, precision and humanity for which Ford is renowned, Between Them is both a son's great act of love and a redeeming meditation on family.
- Ebooks list page : 31795
- 2017-04-19Walking on Eggshells: Navigating the Delicate Relationship Between Adult Children and Parents
- 2017-03-13Walking on Eggshells: Navigating the Delicate Relationship Between Adult Children and Parents
- 2017-02-17Walking on Eggshells: Navigating the Delicate Relationship Between Adult Children and Parents
- 2017-02-08[PDF] A Baby Between Them
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Necessary Beings: An Essay on Ontology, Modality, and the Relations Between Them
- 2012-01-24A Baby Between Them free ebook download
- 2009-07-16The Border Between Them: Violence and Reconciliation on the Kansas-missouri Line
- 2012-01-11video2brain - Digital Tutors Sharing Artwork Between Illustrator and Photoshop - Removed
- 2017-09-12Sexuality Redefined Sex education for singles, married and parents who love them
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Between Heaven and Earth: The Religious Worlds People Make and the Scholars Who Study Them
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Poisonous Parenting: Toxic Relationships Between Parents and Their Adult Children (Family Therapy and Counseling)
- 2017-02-08[PDF] The Gardener and the Carpenter: What the New Science of Child Development Tells Us About the Relationship Between Parents and Children
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Remembering War: The Great War between Memory and History in the 20th Century
- 2014-04-25Moral Tribes: Emotion, Reason, and the Gap Between Us and Them (Repost)
- 2014-03-02Opposites as Equals: Standard Differences Between Men and Women and How to Resolve Them (Repost)
- 2013-11-12Moral Tribes: Emotion, Reason, and the Gap Between Us and Them
- 2013-11-04Moral Tribes: Emotion, Reason, and the Gap Between Us and Them
- 2012-03-14Making Science: Between Nature and Society By Stephen Cole
- 2012-03-13Models of Science Dynamics: Encounters Between Complexity Theory and Information Sciences By Andrea Scharnhorst, Katy Börner, Peter van den Besselaar
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.