Posted on 2013-12-03, by soc_arm7.
Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog by Matthew McCarry, Stacy Toth, Paleo Parents
2013 | ISBN: 1936608235 | English | 304 pages | EPUB | 9.75 MB
Beyond Bacon pays homage to the humble hog by teaching you how to make more than a hundred recipes featuring cuts from the entire animal. While bacon might be the most popular part of the pig for those following the paleo diet, there is a plethora of other delicious and nutrient dense cuts to enjoy.
Pastured pork is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), the "good fats" our doctors want us to eat - not to mention high in Vitamin D, a deficiency for most Americans. Beyond Bacon breaks the myths behind this often eschewed meat and shows you how create delectable dishes that are grain-, legume-, dairy-, and refined sugar-free. Beyond Bacon allows you to improve your health and the environment by focusing on sustainable swine.
Don't let the dried out pork of your youth scare you away! All the recipes in Beyond Bacon are elegant yet approachable, making it the ultimate cookbook for the foodie in you. You'll find:
Perfect Pork Chops, better than most restaurant steaks,
Pho Soup with chitterling "noodles" and other healing and delicious soups and stews to stretch your dollar,
the already-famous Savory Bacon Jam fantastic with green apples or our Homestyle Biscuits,
sweet treats made luxuriously rich with lard, such as Grain-Free Pie Crust, Salted Mocha Biscotti, Chocolate Fudge, and Maple Lard Scones,
instructions on how to properly BBQ and smoke your meats as well as recipes to make your own sauces,
instructions for curing your own bacon, pancetta and even home-made sausage better than store bought,
details on how to properly fry foods, like Corn Dogs with Potato Crisps and Sweet & Sour Pork, and
an extensive guide on how to make and cook with nutrient dense essentials: pork stock and CLA-rich lard.
In Beyond Bacon, Stacy and Matt show you that there is much more to pork than just the belly. Not only are the recipes creative and inspiring, but they also teach the reader that you can enjoy food, while having great respect for the animal. Along with unbelievably delicious recipes, the photography by Aimee Buxton takes you on a beautiful journey that has yet to be seen in the Paleo community. This book is a stunning masterpiece, front to back, nose to tail. - Hayley Mason and Bill Staley of Primal Palate, authors of Gather, 30 Day Guide to Paleo and Make it Paleo
Beyond Bacon breaks down the preconceived notions of pork that many people in the United States have come to adopt. It is not just a book filled with gorgeous recipes and photos, but a truly informative resource that will push the boundaries of what you thought you knew and give reason to start using ingredients that are fresh, wholesome, and respectful to the whole hog. Beyond Bacon is an innovative cookbook and it is astounding how many delightful dishes can be made when putting the entire hog to use. I for one, am excited to step outside of my comfort zone and begin rendering my own lard, preparing sausage from scratch, and incorporating more healthy pastured pig into my overall diet. -Danielle Walker author of Against All Grain
Can you be an animal-lover AND a meat-eater? My answer is yes, and this book goes beyond (literally) what I ever could have expected to confirm that for me. We know people are crazy for bacon, but that opens the door for some seriously thoughtless consumption, tempting us to forget the lives of the animals we're eating. Stacy and Matt bring front-and-center the concepts of loving, appreciating, respecting and understanding our food. And that's what living a truly nourished lifestyle is all about. -Liz Wolfe of Cave Girl Eats, author of Modern Cave Girl
A delightful book that teaches you how to use the whole pig, which is the most affordable and environmentally sustainable choice you can make. This is what our great-grandparents used to do, and it is what we should all do again. As Matt and Stacy say, 'Out with the new, and in with the old. -Kelly Brozyna of The Spunky Coconut, author of The Paleo Chocolate Lovers Cookbook
- Ebooks list page : 24023
- 2019-07-10Beyond Bacon Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog
- 2013-11-26Beyond Bacon Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog
- 2013-11-18Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Dinner Solved!: 100 Ingenious Recipes That Make the Whole Family Happy, Including You!
- 2019-08-25The Cookbook Library Four Centuries of the Cooks, Writers, and Recipes That Made the Modern Cookbook
- 2018-12-13The Part-Time Vegan 201 Yummy Recipes that Put the Fun in Flexitarian
- 2018-12-05Mad Hungry Family 120 Essential Recipes to Feed the Whole Crew
- 2018-10-18Cooking with Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce Delicious Recipes That Bring the Heat
- 2018-07-31Cooking with Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce; Delicious Recipes That Bring the Heat
- 2018-07-31American Cocktail: 50 Recipes That Celebrate the Craft of Mixing Drinks from Coast to Coast
- 2018-07-15Cooking with Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce: Delicious Recipes That Bring the Heat
- 2018-07-13Healthy Paleo Recipes: Diet For The Seriously Healthy and Everyone Who Loves Good Food
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Cookbook Library: Four Centuries of the Cooks, Writers, and Recipes That Made the Modern Cookbook
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Taste of Home Simple, Easy, Fast Slow Cooker: 385 slow-cooked recipes that beat the clock
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Taste Of Home Simple, Easy, Fast Slow Cooker: 385 Slow-Cooked Recipes That Beat The Clock (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Mad Hungry Family: 120 Essential Recipes to Feed the Whole Crew
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Cooking with Fire: From Roasting on a Spit to Baking in a Tannur, Rediscovered Techniques and Recipes That Capture the Flavors of Wood-Fired Cooking
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Calories In, Calories Out Cookbook: 200 Everyday Recipes That Take the Guesswork Out of Counting Calories - Plus, the Exercise It Takes to Burn Them Off
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur: Over 140 Simply Delicious Recipes That Treat the Eyes and Taste Buds
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.