Posted on 2009-02-19. By anonymous.
Praeger Publishers | 2007-04-30 | ISBN: 0275991164 | 1416 pages | PDF | 4,1 MB
Most popularly known as the author of the children's classic The Chronicles of Narnia, C. S. Lewis was also a prolific poet, essayist, novelist, and Christian writer. His most famous work, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, while known as a children's book is often read as a Christian allegory and remains to this day one of his best-loved works. But Lewis was prolific in a number of areas, including poetry, Christian writing, literary criticism, letters, memoir, autobiography, sermons and more. This set, written by experts, guides readers to a better understanding and appreciation of this important and influential writer. Clive Staples Lewis was born on November 29, 1898, in Belfast, Northern Ireland. His mother died when he was young, leaving his father to raise him and his older brother Warren. He fought and was wounded in World War I and later became immersed in the spiritual life of Christianity. While he delved into the world of Christian writing, he did not limit himself to one genre and produced a remarkable oeuvre that continues to be widely read, taught, and adored at all levels. As part of the circle known as the Inklings, which consisted of writers and intellectuals, and included J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles Williams, and others, he developed and honed his skills and continued to put out extensive writings. Many different groups now claim him as their own: spanning genres from science fiction to Christian literature, from nonfiction to children's stories, his output remains among the most popular and complex. Here, experts in the field of Lewis studies examine all his works along with the details of his life and the culture in which he lived to give readers the fullest complete picture of the man, the writer, and the husband, alongside his works, his legacy, and his place in English letters.
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK
- Ebooks list page : 2370
- 2018-01-12[PDF] C. S. Lewis [Four Volumes] [4 volumes]: Life, Works, and Legacy (Praeger Perspectives)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] C. S. Lewis [Four Volumes] [4 volumes]: Life, Works, and Legacy (Praeger Perspectives)
- 2011-03-26C. S. Lewis [Four Volumes] [4 volumes]: Life, Works, and Legacy
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Gotthold Ephraim Lessing: His Life, Works, and Thought
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Gotthold Ephraim Lessing: His Life, Works, and Thought
- 2011-06-22Al-Farabi, Founder of Islamic Neoplatonism: His Life, Works, and Influence
- 2010-11-20Averroes: His Life, Works, and Influence (Great Islamic Writings)
- 2009-02-26Al-Farabi, Founder of Islamic Neoplatonism: His Life, Works, and Influence (Great Islamic Thinkers)
- 2019-03-13An Introduction to Antonio Gramsci: His Life, Thought and Legacy
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Emperor Yang of the Sui Dynasty: His Life, Times, And Legacy (Suny Series in Chinese Philosophy Ans Culture) (SUNY Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture (Paperback))
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Nemirovsky Question: The Life, Death, and Legacy of a Jewish Writer in Twentieth-Century France
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Adam Smith: His Life, Thought, and Legacy
- 2017-10-14[PDF] The Man Who Never Died: The Life, Times, and Legacy of Joe Hill, American Labor Icon
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Arms Control [2 volumes]: History, Theory, and Policy (Praeger Security International)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Unknown Stalin: His Life, Death, and Legacy
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Arms Control [2 volumes]: History, Theory, and Policy (Praeger Security International)
- 2014-04-15Kelvin: Life, Labours and Legacy (pdf)
- 2014-04-15Kelvin: Life, Labours and Legacy (Repost)
- 2014-01-26Georges LemaÃ®tre: Life, Science and Legacy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.