Posted on 2007-09-26, updated at 2008-11-01. By anonymous.
Cancer Biology, Forth Edition
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
Number Of Pages: 568
Publication Date: 2007-03-15
Sales Rank: 1103447
ISBN / ASIN: 0195175441
Manufacturer: Oxford University Press, USA
Studio: Oxford University Press, USA
Average Rating: 5
A thorough yet concise account of cancer biology, this book emphasizes the cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in the transformation of normal into malignant cells, the invasiveness of cancer cells into host tissues, and the metastatic spread of cancer cells in the host organism. It also defines the fundamental pathophysiological changes that occur in tumor tissue and in the host animal or patient. The approach throughout the book is to discuss the historical development of a field, citing the key experimental advances to the present day, and to evaluate the current evidence that best supports or rules out concepts of the molecular and cellular mechanisms regulating cancer cell behavior. For all the areas of fundamental cancer research, an effort has been made to relate basic research findings to the clinical disease states. The book is well illustrated with schematic diagrams and actual research data to demonstrate points made in the text, and there is an extensive, up-to-date bibliography. In this revision, Dr. Ruddon has organized his text to provide more integrated discussion of the many topics covered in the third edition. At the same time, he has included much new material on molecular genetics and genetic diagnosis (e.g., DNA microarrays to mark tumors), RNA interference, stem cells, cell cycle regulation, angiogenesis, etc.
Raymond Ruddon's book may be ten years past publication, but it is the first book I would recommend for a person seeking a reliable overview of the basic nature of cancer and cancer research. Ruddon gives an easily readable account of the history of cancer biology, emphasising the mechanics and characteristics of many forms of cancer and cancerous stages. The clarity of his discussion engages the reader. I wish that he would be willing to rewrite a new edition, because I know of no other single volume that describes the issues of cancer research so well and cogently for the student and interested layperson.
- Ebooks list page : 1305
- 2011-09-01Introduction to Cancer Biology
- 2011-10-21Cancer Biology (3rd Edition)
- 2011-07-28Cancer Biology (3rd Edition)
- 2011-07-18Cancer Biology (3rd Edition)
- 2009-06-19Raymond W. Ruddon - Cancer Biology 4th Edition
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Cancer Biology Volume 2, 4th Edition
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Cancer Biology Volume 2, 4th Edition
- 2009-01-22Cracking the GRE Biology, 3rd Edition (Cracking the Gre: Biology) - Removed
- 2018-10-17Biology (11th edition)
- 2018-10-14Botany An Introduction to Plant Biology, Sixth Edition
- 2018-10-11Barron's AP Biology, 6th Edition (EPUB)
- 2018-10-06Biology (8th edition)
- 2018-09-21Fast Facts Chronic and Cancer Pain, 4th edition
- 2018-09-21Cause and Correlation in Biology, 2nd Edition
- 2018-08-26Botany An Introduction to Plant Biology, Sixth Edition
- 2018-08-23Handbook of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (5th edition)
- 2018-08-22Biology (11th edition)
- 2018-08-09Practical Skills in Biology, 6th edition
- 2018-07-31Fast Facts Chronic and Cancer Pain, 4th edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.