Posted on 2008-12-05. By anonymous.
ABC-CLIO, Incorporated | 1999 | ISBN: 1576070573 | 233 pages | rtf/chm | 8 Mb | rar | RS.com
This book provides a starting point for research on censorship and related issues of freedom of expression, obscenity, pornography, standards of decency, and liberty and democracy in the United States.
From the Publisher
Part of the Contemporary World Issues series, this volume examines various aspects of censorship and "related issues of freedom of expression, obscenity, pornography, standards of decency, and liberty and democracy." The introduction includes a synopsis of censorship in America beginning in 1734 when a newspaper publisher was jailed for writing satirical commentaries about New York's colonial governor. The fine line between freedom of expression and society's desire to protect itself is explored briefly. The author goes on to look at textbook controversies, hate speech, music lyrics disputes, artistic freedom, the news media, and the Internet. A time line of relevant censorship issues is included, along with brief biographical sketches of the historic or contemporary individuals involved. Supreme Court decisions are summarized, and there are several graphs and charts that illustrate challenges to materials. Also included are related documents such as ALA's "Bill of Rights," Family Friendly Library's "Charter for a Family Friendly Library System," and the Community Decency Act.
Hull provides a comprehensive introduction to complicated and topical issues with background information that is interesting and as up to date as possible. As information resources become more widely available, attempts to control access will increase. Students have a builtin interest in freedom of expression issues, and this resource is a valuable tool to begin serious study.
We don't have no god**** f****** censorship in this sh**hole of a country. How the f*** did someone come up with that f****** mess?
- Ebooks list page : 1918
- 2008-11-24Censorship in America: A Reference Handbook
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Prisons in America: A Reference Handbook
- 2010-02-25Rich and Poor in America: A Reference Handbook
- 2009-03-26Punishment in America: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
- 2009-03-04Dating and Sexuality in America: A Reference Handbook
- 2009-02-26Profiling and Criminal Justice in America: A Reference Handbook
- 2007-05-27Families in America : A Reference Handbook (CONTEMPORARY WORLD ISSUES)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Internet Censorship: A Reference Handbook
- 2010-06-26Serving America's Veterans: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary Military, Strategic, and Security Issues)
- 2010-06-20Conservative Christians and Political Participation: A Reference Handbook (Political Participation in America)
- 2019-03-25Substance Abuse A Reference Handbook
- 2019-03-25The Opioid Crisis A Reference Handbook
- 2019-03-21Substance Abuse A Reference Handbook
- 2019-03-20The Opioid Crisis A Reference Handbook
- 2019-03-17Substance Abuse A Reference Handbook
- 2019-01-03Women in Sports A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
- 2018-12-15The Rising Costs of Higher Education A Reference Handbook
- 2018-12-14War and Children A Reference Handbook
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.