Cheating Justice: How Bush and Cheney Attacked the Rule of Law, Plotted to Avoid Prosecution, and What We Can Do about It
Author: Elizabeth Holtzman,Cynthia Cooper
Publisher: Beacon Press
Posted on 2012-03-06, by LionFar.
Elizabeth Holtzman, Cynthia Cooper, "Cheating Justice: How Bush and Cheney Attacked the Rule of Law, Plotted to Avoid Prosecution, and What We Can Do about It"
PUBLISHER: B.AC.N PR..S | ISBN: 0807003212 | FEBRUARY 7, 2012 | EPUB/MOBI | 224 PAGES |
Despite the many misdeeds of and abuses of criminal law by the Bush administration, there has been no accountability. Former U.S. representative Elizabeth Holtzman pairs with lawyer and journalist Cynthia L. Cooper to explain why we canâ€™t â€œjust move on.â€ They lay bare how the Bush-Cheney administration broke a multitude of laws and betrayed American values, and exactly why and precisely how we, the people, must bring them to justice for their crimes, their cover-ups, and their deceit.
Backed by strong evidence gleaned from â€œastoundingâ€* research, Holtzman and Cooper argue that the Bush administration not only violated various U.S. laws but also changed many laws to escape prosecution for their crimes later. The authors demonstrate how a failure to hold George W. Bush and Dick Cheney accountable would set a dangerous precedent for the future leadership of America.
Bush and Cheney deceived Congress and the people to drive us into a war in Iraq; they claimed the right to wiretap illegally and to eavesdrop on citizens; and they authorized torture, upending laws and breaching international treaty obligations. Yet, both Bush and Cheney are boldly unabashed about their offenses. In his memoir, President Bush makes no apologies for his decision to start a war in Iraq, though no weapons of mass destruction, the ostensible reason for the war, were found there. And once out of office, Bush proudly said, â€œDamn right,â€ about his approval of waterboarding, a clear violation of the Geneva Conventions and U.S. law. Recent revelations about the extent and depth of their crimes, catalogued in detail here, make the need for accountability imperative.
As a member of Congress and part of the committee that investigated and held hearings on the conduct of President Richard Nixon in the Watergate scandal, Elizabeth Holtzman condemns Bushâ€™s adoption of Nixonâ€™s claim that he acted in the interest of national security. Using Watergate-era reforms as a model, Holtzman details the steps necessary to undo the damage that the Bush-Cheney administration inflicted and explains how we can establish new protections to block future presidents from similarly abusing the law. Cheating Justice is not only a call to empower the American people, and a firm insistence that the nationâ€™s leaders are not above the law; it is also a blueprint by one of Americaâ€™s top legal minds for bringing Bush to justice and protecting the future of our democracy.
Visit my blog for more eBooks and Audiobooks | RSS
No mirrors please
DownloadDownload PART0 from Turbobit
Download PART0 from Turbobit
Download PART0 from Uploaded.to
Download PART0 from Uploaded.to
- Ebooks list page : 17758
- 2012-03-04Cheating Justice: How Bush and Cheney Attacked the Rule of Law, Plotted to Avoid Prosecution, and What We Can Do about It
- 2019-08-25Pinched How the Great Recession Has Narrowed Our Futures and What We Can Do About It
- 2019-07-29$(Top) - Why You Should Read The Big Ones: How Natural Disasters Have Shaped Us and What We Can Do about Them by Lucy Jones Online or Download [PDF MOBI EPUB]
- 2019-07-12$(Top) - Why You Should Read The New Urban Crisis: How Our Cities Are Increasing Inequality, Deepening Segregation, and Failing the Middle Class-and What We Can Do About It by Richard Florida Online or Download [PDF MOBI EPUB]
- 2018-10-14The Big Ones How Natural Disasters Have Shaped Us (And What We Can Do About Them)
- 2018-10-06Africa Doesn't Matter How the West Has Failed the Poorest Continent and What We Can Do About It
- 2018-09-07The Permission Society How the Ruling Class Turns Our Freedoms into Privileges and What We Can Do About it
- 2018-08-06The Big Ones How Natural Disasters Have Shaped Us (And What We Can Do About Them)
- 2018-06-27The Hidden Cause of Acne How Toxic Water Is Affecting Your Health and What You Can Do about It, 2nd Edition
- 2018-06-04The Big Ones How Natural Disasters Have Shaped Us (and What We Can Do About Them) [Audiobook]
- 2018-05-10The Case Against Homework How Homework Is Hurting Our Children and What We Can Do About It
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Truth about Cheating: Why Men Stray and What You Can Do to Prevent It
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Cognitive Self Change: How Offenders Experience the World and What We Can Do About It
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Permission Society: How the Ruling Class Turns Our Freedoms into Privileges and What We Can Do About it
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Changing Planet, Changing Health: How the Climate Crisis Threatens Our Health and What We Can Do about It (University of California Press)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Money: How the Destruction of the Dollar Threatens the Global Economy - and What We Can Do About It
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Future Minds: How the Digital Age is Changing Our Minds, Why This Matters and What We Can Do About It
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Nation on the Take: How Big Money Corrupts Our Democracy and What We Can Do About It
- 2016-12-29[PDF] Money: How the Destruction of the Dollar Threatens the Global Economy - and What We Can Do About It
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.