Posted on 2009-09-28. By anonymous.
University of Hawaii Press | English | 2008-11-30 | ISBN: 0824832698 | 268 pages | PDF | 3,1 MB
Daoyin, the traditional Chinese practice of guiding the qi and stretching the body is the forerunner of Qigong, the modern form of exercise that has swept through China and is making increasing inroads in the West. Like other Asian body practices, Daoyin focuses on the body as the main vehicle of attainment; sees health and spiritual transformation as one continuum leading to perfection or self-realization; and works intensely and consciously with the breath and with the conscious guiding of internal energies.
This book explores the different forms of Daoyin in historical sequence, beginning with the early medical manuscripts of the Han dynasty, then moving into its religious adaptation in Highest Clarity Daoism. After examining the medieval Daoyin Scripture and ways of integrating the practice into Tang Daoist immortality, the work outlines late imperial forms and describes the transformation of the practice in the modern world.
Presenting a rich crop of specific exercises together with historical context and comparative insights, Chinese Healing Exercises is valuable for both specialists and general readers. It provides historical depth and opens concrete details of an important but as yet little-known health practice.
- Ebooks list page : 3520
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Chinese Healing Exercises: The Tradition of Daoyin (Latitude 20 Books (Paperback))
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Chinese Healing Exercises: A Personalized Practice for Health & Longevity
- 2014-01-22Livia Kohn - Chinese Healing Exercises
- 2013-12-17Chinese Healing Exercises: A Personalized Practice for Health & Longevity
- 2018-09-21Feeling the Way Touch, Qi Gong Healing, and the Daoist Tradition
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Feeling the Way: Touch, Qi Gong healing, and the Daoist tradition
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Complete Book of Chinese Health & Healing: Guarding the Three Treasures
- 2017-07-14The Joint Pain Relief Workout Healing Exercises For Your Shoulders, Hips, Knees, And Ankles
- 2014-05-31The Tradition and Modern Transition of Chinese Law
- 2011-11-17The Tradition of the Trojan War in Homer and the Epic Cycle
- 2011-06-26Healing at the Borderland of Medicine and Religion - Removed
- 2019-01-16Self-Healing at the Nanoscale Mechanisms and Key Concepts of Natural and Artificial Systems
- 2019-01-12Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation
- 2019-01-11Chinese Consumers Exploring the World's Largest Demographic
- 2019-01-11Chop Suey A Cultural History of Chinese Food in the United States
- 2019-01-10Self-Healing at the Nanoscale Mechanisms and Key Concepts of Natural and Artificial Systems
- 2019-01-03Through Time Into Healing Discovering the Power of Regression Therapy to Erase Trauma and Transform Mind, Body and Relationships
- 2019-01-03Healing Depression the Mind-Body Way Creating Happiness with Meditation, Yoga, and Ayurveda
- 2018-12-28Chinese Symbolism and Art Motifs A Comprehensive Handbook on Symbolism in Chinese Art through the Ages
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.