Author: A. Githelo, A. Woodward, A.J. McMichael, C.F. Corvalan, D.H. Campbell-Lendrum, J.D. Scheraga, K.L. Ebi
Publisher: World Health Organization
Posted on 2011-06-26, by sharebookfree.
Climate Change and Human Health. Risks and Responses
A. Githelo, A. Woodward, A.J. McMichael, C.F. Corvalan, D.H. Campbell-Lendrum, J.D. Scheraga, K.L. Ebi | World Health Organization | 2011-11-26 | 250 pages | English | PDF
Over the ages, human societies have altered local ecosystems and modified regional climates. Today, the human influence has attained a global scale. This reflects the recent rapid increase in population size, energy consumption, intensity of land use, international trade and travel, and other human activities. These global changes have heightened awareness that the long-term good health of populations depends on the continued stability and functioning of the biosphere's ecological, physical, and socioeconomic systems. The world's climate system is an integral part of the complex of life-supporting processes. Climate and weather have always had a powerful impact on human health and well-being. But like other large natural systems, the global climate system is coming under pressure from human activities. Global climate change is, therefore, a newer challenge to ongoing efforts to protect human health. This volume seeks to describe the context and process of global climate change, its actual or likely impacts on health, and how human societies and their governments should respond, with particular focus on the health sector.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 12027
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2018-06-06Impacts of Climate Change on Human Health in the United States A Scientific Assessment
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Climate Change and Human Health Scenario in South and Southeast Asia (Advances in Asian Human-Environmental Research) - Removed
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Climate Change and Health: Improving Resilience and Reducing Risks (Climate Change Management) - Removed
- 2012-01-12Informing an Effective Response to Climate Change
- 2011-11-08DNA Repair and Human Health
- 2011-10-14Food Security and Climate Change in the Pacific: Rethinking the Options
- 2018-08-02Climate Change and Its Impacts Risks and Inequalities
- 2018-06-15Calculated Risks The Toxicity and Human Health Risks of Chemicals in our Environment
- 2018-06-07Calculated Risks The Toxicity and Human Health Risks of Chemicals in our Environment
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Climate Change and Human Responses: A Zooarchaeological Perspective (Vertebrate Paleobiology and Paleoanthropology)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Handbook of Research on Climate Change Impact on Health and Environmental Sustainability
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Global Climate Change and Public Health (Respiratory Medicine)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Climate Change and Global Health
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Climate Change and Public Health
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Bioethical Insights into Values and Policy: Climate Change and Health (Public Health Ethics Analysis)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Environmental Policy and Public Health: Air Pollution, Global Climate Change, and Wilderness
- 2017-04-02Climate Change and Human Responses A Zooarchaeological Perspective
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.