Posted on 2014-06-14, by supnatural.
Collaborative Information Seeking: The Art and Science of Making the Whole Greater than the Sum of All By Chirag Shah
2012 | 198 Pages | ISBN: 364228812X | PDF | 5 MB
Today's complex, information-intensive problems often require people to work together. Mostly these tasks go far beyond simply searching together; they include information lookup, sharing, synthesis, and decision-making. In addition, they all have an end-goal that is mutually beneficial to all parties involved. Such "collaborative information seeking" (CIS) projects typically last several sessions and the participants all share an intention to contribute and benefit. Not surprisingly, these processes are highly interactive.
Shah focuses on two individually well-understood notions: collaboration and information seeking, with the goal of bringing them together to show how it is a natural tendency for humans to work together on complex tasks. The first part of his book introduces the general notions of collaboration and information seeking, as well as related concepts, terminology, and frameworks; and thus provides the reader with a comprehensive treatment of the concepts underlying CIS. The second part of the book details CIS as a standalone domain. A series of frameworks, theories, and models are introduced to provide a conceptual basis for CIS. The final part describes several systems and applications of CIS, along with their broader implications on other fields such as computer-supported cooperative work (CSCW) and human-computer interaction (HCI).
With this first comprehensive overview of an exciting new research field, Shah delivers to graduate students and researchers in academia and industry an encompassing description of the technologies involved, state-of-the-art results, and open challenges as well as research opportunities.
Buy Premium To Support Me & Get Resumable Support & Max Speed
- Ebooks list page : 27637
- 2014-06-02Collaborative Information Seeking: The Art and Science of Making the Whole Greater than the Sum of All (Repost)
- 2014-01-30Collaborative Information Seeking: The Art and Science of Making the Whole Greater than the Sum of All
- 2016-12-06Collaborative Grant-Seeking A Practical Guide for Librarians
- 2013-05-31"Interactive Collaborative Information Systems" (Repost)
- 2012-12-27Everyday Information: The Evolution of Information Seeking in America (repost)
- 2012-04-11Peter Ingwersen, "The Turn: Integration of Information Seeking and Retrieval in Context" (repost)
- 2012-02-01Everyday Information: The Evolution of Information Seeking in America
- 2011-11-05Interactive Collaborative Information Systems - Springer
- 2011-09-16Interactive Collaborative Information Systems (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
- 2011-08-13Interactive Collaborative Information Systems [Repost]
- 2011-07-31Interactive Collaborative Information Systems (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
- 2011-07-03Interactive Collaborative Information Systems (repost)
- 2011-05-04Looking for Information - A Survey of Research on Information Seeking Needs and Behavior
- 2011-04-21Robert Babuska, Frans C.A. Groen, "Interactive Collaborative Information Systems" (Repost)
- 2011-02-15Robert Babuska, Frans C.A. Groen, "Interactive Collaborative Information Systems" (repost)
- 2010-06-03Mary K. Chelton - Youth Information Seeking Behavior: Theories, Models, and Issues
- 2010-04-19Interactive Collaborative Information Systems
- 2010-04-18Interactive Collaborative Information Systems
- 2010-04-11Springer Interactive Collaborative Information Systems (Feb 2010)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.