Posted on 2014-06-18. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 1118792777 | 2014 | 164 pages | PDF | 5 MB
This manual is a resource developed by the UK NTSP to help promote and facilitate the safe management of tracheostomies and laryngectomies. The scope includes hospital in-patient specialist areas, such as critical care, head and neck units and specialist wards, but is also applicable to more general wards, outpatient and community settings. The majority of the content is for adult patients, with a new paediatric chapter developed with colleagues from Great Ormond Street Hospital. We have attempted to make the resource a â€˜one-stop shopâ€™ covering all aspects of tracheostomy and laryngectomy management by collecting together resources from surgical, anaesthetic, nursing, intensive care and allied health backgrounds, along with guidance from key national stakeholder organisations. These include the Difficult Airway Society, Intensive Care Society, the Royal College of Anaesthetists, ENT UK, British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, College of Emergency Medicine, Resuscitation Council UK, Royal College of Nursing, Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care, British Laryngological Association, Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, National Association of Laryngectomy Clubs and the National Patient Safety Agency. We have also reviewed many local, regional, national and international guidelines, policies and resources during the preparation of this manual. Many such groups have previously developed excellent resources for the care of â€˜neck breathersâ€™, but these were often focused on specific areas of practice. We have also received many hundreds of comments on draft resources and further advice from around the world. We are grateful to the many individuals who have contributed to this project in this way and have acknowledged as many as possible where appropriate. This unique document has been developed by consulting as widely as possible, across traditional professional boundaries using expertise and existing guidance from around the world. The manual attempts to pull together the different pieces of the jigsaw that already existed, as well as devising new resources where we felt they were needed. Previous work is referenced and accredited where appropriate, and we are grateful for the permissions that have been granted for use of other materials. This manual is supported by our website www.tracheostomy.org.uk, which contains 13 many new educational resources, e-learning packages and videos. We have included urls in the footnotes, where relevant, to the specific sections of the website and our resources. This guidance is applicable for a novice first responder looking after a patient with a tracheostomy or laryngectomy for the first time, through to an airway expert secondary responder
- Ebooks list page : 27738
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Comprehensive Tracheostomy Care: The National Tracheostomy Safety Project Manual (Advanced Life Support Group)
- 2012-01-25Enhancing the Vitality of the National Institutes of Health: Organizational Change to Meet New Challenges free ebook download
- 2012-01-24Future R&D Environments: A Report for the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- 2012-01-14Gardening Basics For Dummies - Steven A. Frowine, The National Gardening Association
- 2012-01-01Gardening Basics For Dummies - Steven A. Frowine, The National Gardening Association
- 2011-12-31Gardening Basics For Dummies - Steven A. Frowine, The National Gardening Association
- 2011-12-21Gardening Basics For Dummies - Steven A. Frowine, The National Gardening Association
- 2011-12-15Gardening Basics For Dummies - Steven A. Frowine, The National Gardening Association
- 2011-10-20The National Weather Service Modernization and Associated Restructuring: A Retrospective Assessment
- 2009-09-21The HACCP Food Safety Employee Manual
- 2009-09-21The HACCP Food Safety, Training Manual
- 2011-10-31Computational Technology for Effective Health Care: Immediate Steps and Strategic Directions
- 2011-10-01Digital Infrastructure for the Learning Health System: The Foundation for Continuous Improvement in Health and Health Care: Workshop Series Summary (The Learning Health System Series)
- 2011-07-16Digital Infrastructure for the Learning Health System: The Foundation for Continuous Improvement in Health and Health Care: Workshop Series Summary (The Learning Health System Series)
- 2012-01-01Environmental Science and Engineering for the 21st Century: The Role of the National Science Foundation
- 2011-09-06Evaluation of the National Aerospace Initiative
- 2009-12-07Hearing Loss Research at NIOSH: Reviews of Research Programs of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- 2008-11-24Mapping the Global Future (2020 Project)
- 2019-11-07Cardiac Diagnosis for Acute Care The NP's and PA's Guide to a Comprehensive History and Decipher...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.