Posted on 2013-06-12. By anonymous.
English | January 26, 2001 | ISBN-10: 0813365643 | 238 pages | PDF | 22.7 MB
The language of rights is utilized frequently in debates over contemporary social issuesâ€”a fetusâ€™s â€œright to lifeâ€ versus a womanâ€™s â€œright to choose,â€ for example. Because these debates pertain to what our social policies should be, it is clear that the rights in question are moral rights, and that existing legal rights ought to be changed or maintained accordingly.
The problem, however, is that moral rights require moral justification. In Conflicts of Rights, John Rowan takes this next step, and investigates possible moral justifications for rights alleged to exist in four contexts: abortion, affirmative action, welfare, and pornography freedoms. In doing so, he reaches conclusions about the morally appropriate policy for each issue, and also about the effectiveness of rights language in general.
- Ebooks list page : 22472
- 2013-06-17Conflicts Of Rights - Moral Theory And Social Policy Implications
- 2012-03-16Think-tanks, Social Democracy and Social Policy By Hartwig Pautz - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Animal Rights: Moral Theory and Practice
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Animal Rights: Moral Theory and Practice
- 2012-02-19Animal Rights: Moral Theory and Practice - Removed
- 2018-11-09Fatherhood Contemporary Theory, Research, and Social Policy
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Meanings of Rights: The Philosophy and Social Theory of Human Rights
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Building Equality and Opportunity through Social Guarantees: New Approaches to Public Policy and the Realization of Rights (New Frontiers of Social Policy)
- 2014-06-12Moral Contract Theory and Social Cognition: An Empirical Perspective
- 2014-06-10Moral Contract Theory and Social Cognition: An Empirical Perspective
- 2011-12-28Education, disability and social policy - Steve Haines, David Ruebain
- 2011-12-12Education, disability and social policy - Steve Haines, David Ruebain
- 2011-12-05Education, disability and social policy - Steve Haines, David Ruebain
- 2011-11-29Intelligent Kindness: Reforming the Culture of Healthcare - Leicester John Ballatt - Independent Consultant Advising On Health And Social Care And Organisationa
- 2011-11-18Education, disability and social policy
- 2011-08-09Functional integration theory and applications
- 2008-12-07[request]Financial Theory and Corporate Policy
- 2019-08-24Public Housing Myths: Perception, Reality, and Social Policy
- 2019-07-11Psychology, Development and Social Policy in India
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.