Posted on 2008-12-05. By anonymous.
Mouton de Gruyter | 2008-07-15 | ISBN: 3110196263 | 320 pages | PDF | 1,1 MB
This collection of articles brings together new research from both established and emerging international experts in the study of English grammar, all of whom have engaged with the notion of 'construction' in their work. The research here is concerned with both synchrony and diachrony, with the relationship between Construction Grammar and other linguistic theories, and with a number of issues in the study of grammar, such as raising and control phenomena, transitivity, relative clause structure, the syntax of gerunds, attributive and predicative uses of adjectives, modality, and grammaticalization. Some of the articles are written within a constructional framework, while others highlight potential problems with constructional approaches to English grammar; some of the articles are based on data collected from corpora, some on introspection; some of the articles suggest potential developments for diachronic construction grammar, while others seek to compare Construction Grammar with other cognitive linguistic theories, most particularly Word Grammar. The research reported in this volume presents a series of ways of looking at the relationship between constructions and patterns in English grammar, either now or in the past. The book addresses scholars and advanced students who are interested in English grammar, constructional approaches to language, and the relationship between functional and formal issues in linguistic description and theory.
Thanks tot167 for the book: Constructional Approaches to English Grammar
- Ebooks list page : 1917
- 2011-11-21Basic English Grammar Structure and Vocabulary
- 2011-09-16A Handbook of English Grammar, 7 edition
- 2011-09-10Learning English With The Complete English Grammar Series
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Studies in the History of the English Language V: Variation and Change in English Grammar and Lexicon: Contemporary Approaches
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Sentence Patterns in English and Hebrew (Constructional Approaches to Language)
- 2014-03-10Sentence Patterns in English and Hebrew (Constructional Approaches to Language, Book 12)
- 2012-04-25Studies in the History of the English Language V: Variation and Change in English Grammar and Lexicon: Contemporary Approaches
- 2012-04-21TEST BANK for Fundamental of English Grammar 2nd Edition
- 2019-02-13English Grammar tenses & structures
- 2019-02-10English Grammar Tenses & Structures
- 2019-02-04NAIL ENGLISH GRAMMAR COMMUNICATE PERFECTLY AND EASILY TUTORIAL COMPRISED
- 2019-02-04LEARN ENGLISH GRAMMAR GET RID OF GRAMMAR MISTAKES TUTORIAL COMPRISED
- 2019-02-04Essential English Grammar - A Friendly Approach
- 2019-02-03EASY ENGLISH GRAMMAR IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH IN 6 EASY STEPS TUTORIAL COMPRISED
- 2019-02-03Essential English Grammar - A Friendly Approach
- 2019-01-29Essential English Grammar - A Friendly Approach
- 2019-01-28Basic English Grammar And Structures
- 2019-01-25Otto Jespersen Essentials of English Grammar
- 2019-01-24Learning English Grammar
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.