Posted on 2019-08-13, by nokia241186.
English | 392 pages | The MIT Press (March 8, 2013) | 0262018632 | PDF | 22.65 Mb
A proposal that algorithms are not simply instructions to be performed but thinking entities that construct digital spatio-temporalities.
In Contagious Architecture, Luciana Parisi offers a philosophical inquiry into the status of the algorithm in architectural and interaction design. Her thesis is that algorithmic computation is not simply an abstract mathematical tool but constitutes a mode of thought in its own right, in that its operation extends into forms of abstraction that lie beyond direct human cognition and control. These include modes of infinity, contingency, and indeterminacy, as well as incomputable quantities underlying the iterative process of algorithmic processing.
The main philosophical source for the project is Alfred North Whitehead, whose process philosophy is specifically designed to provide a vocabulary for "modes of thought" exhibiting various degrees of autonomy from human agency even as they are mobilized by it. Because algorithmic processing lies at the heart of the design practices now reshaping our worldвЂ•from the physical spaces of our built environment to the networked spaces of digital cultureвЂ•the nature of algorithmic thought is a topic of pressing importance that reraises questions of control and, ultimately, power. Contagious Architecture revisits cybernetic theories of control and information theory's notion of the incomputable in light of this rethinking of the role of algorithmic thought. Informed by recent debates in political and cultural theory around the changing landscape of power, it links the nature of abstraction to a new theory of power adequate to the complexities of the digital world.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 41118
- 2018-12-28Contagious Architecture Computation, Aesthetics, and Space (Technologies of Lived Abstraction)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Contagious Architecture: Computation, Aesthetics, and Space (Technologies of Lived Abstraction)
- 2017-03-10Contagious Architecture Computation, Aesthetics, and Space
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Contagious Architecture: Computation, Aesthetics, and Space (Technologies of Lived Abstraction)
- 2014-02-11Contagious Architecture: Computation, Aesthetics, and Space
- 2011-09-14NASA's Contributions to Aeronautics (Volumes 1 And 2) free ebook download
- 2012-01-28Cosmos & Culture: Cultural Evolution in a Cosmic Context
- 2011-07-11Cosmos & Culture: Cultural Evolution in a Cosmic Context
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Foundations of Landscape Architecture: Integrating Form and Space Using the Language of Site Design
- 2012-01-01NASA's Contributions to Aeronautics (Volumes 1 And 2)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] On Span and Space : exploring structures in architecture
- 2018-01-18[PDF] On Span and Space : exploring structures in architecture
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Monumental Matters: The Power, Subjectivity, and Space of Indias Mughal Architecture
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Architectural Lighting: Designing with Light and Space (Architecture Briefs)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Architecture of the Sacred: Space, Ritual, and Experience from Classical Greece to Byzantium
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Aesthetics and Architecture (Bloomsbury Aesthetics)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Aesthetics and the Environment: The Appreciation of Nature, Art and Architecture
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Light and Space: Modern Architecture 2
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Light and Space Modern Architecture 1
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Henri Lefebvre on Space: Architecture, Urban Research, and the Production of Theory
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.