Posted on 2017-07-17, by everest555.
Michael Peacock, "Creating Development Environments with Vagrant"
English | ISBN: 1849519188 | 2013 | 118 pages | EPUB | 3 MB
Create and manage virtual development environments with Puppet, Chef, and VirtualBox using Vagrant
Provision virtual machines using Puppet and Chef
Replicate multi-server environments locally
Set up a virtual LAMP development server
Vagrant is a tool for building complete development environments. With an easy-to-use workflow and focus on automation, Vagrant lowers development environment setup time, increases development/production parity, and makes the "it works on my machine" excuse a thing of the past.
"Creating Development Environments with Vagrant" is a practical, hands-on guide that walks you through the functionality of Vagrant, Puppet, and Chef to create powerful and flexible virtual development environments. Create your own virtualization environments containing configurations for different projects so that you can simulate complicated environments that can be easily shared with colleagues to get your projects up and running quickly and effortlessly.
"Creating Development Environments with Vagrant" starts with an introduction to virtualization and the concepts behind it, why it's useful, and an overview of the architecture of Vagrant. We will learn to install Vagrant and get to know its prerequisites. Covering provisioning scripts with Puppet and Chef, learning to use them independently as well as with Vagrant to create a powerful combination.
If you want to locally test your projects, juggle multiple projects running on different versions of software, easily share technology requirement changes with colleagues, and, most importantly, want to perform all these tasks efficiently, then this book is for you.
"Creating Development Environments with Vagrant" will take you from a virtualization novice to running all of your projects across your team in robust, isolated virtual development environments.
What you will learn from this book
Create Vagrant projects
Sync folders with your virtual development environment
Integrate your own machine with the virtual machine
Manage provisioning the server configuration with Puppet and Chef
Set up multiple virtual machines for a single project
Configure your virtual environment on your network
Build your own base box for Vagrant
Import and manage operating system images in Vagrant
Get to grips with good practices for developing projects on your local machine
Set up a simple LAMP server for a Vagrant project
This is a practical, hands-on guide that will help you set up and implement virtual development environments with Vagrant easily and effortlessly.
Who this book is written for
"Creating Development Environments with Vagrant" is for developers, programmers, and coders who want to maintain multiple projects within their own environment. It is also aimed at companies who are looking to deploy ready-to-go development solutions for new staff or even existing staff moving to new projects, and to enforce a consistent and portable virtual development environment that is easy to create and quick to set up.
- Ebooks list page : 31794
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Creating Development Environments with Vagrant
- 2016-12-19Creating Development Environments with Vagrant!
- 2014-05-18Creating Development Environments with Vagrant - Removed
- 2014-01-26Creating Development Environments with Vagrant
- 2014-01-26CREATING DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENTS WITH VAGRANT-PACKT pdf-ke - Removed
- 2014-01-25PACKT.CREATING.DEVELOPMENT.ENVIRONMENTS.WITH.VAGRANT.2013.RETAIL.EPUB.EBOOK-kE - Removed
- 2014-01-25PACKT.CREATING.DEVELOPMENT.ENVIRONMENTS.WITH.VAGRANT.2013.RETAIL.EBOOK-kE - Removed
- 2014-01-25CREATING DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENTS WITH VAGRANT-PACKT epub-ke - Removed
- 2014-01-18Creating Development Environments with Vagrant - eazydoc.com
- 2014-01-16Creating Development Environments with Vagrant - Removed
- 2017-11-17[PDF] TutsPlus - Easy Rails Development Environment With Vagrant
- 2013-08-14Creating Unique Environments with Scott Robertson
- 2013-06-17The Gnomon Workshop : Creating Unique Environments with Scott Robertson
- 2013-04-03Maya 2011: Creating Natural Environments with Aaron F. Ross
- 2013-03-08Maya 2011: Creating Natural Environments with Aaron F. Ross
- 2012-12-21Gnomon Training - Spherical Panamic Photography Creating Compelling Environments with Greg Downing
- 2011-03-26Maya 2011: Creating Natural Environments with Exercise Files - Removed
- 2011-03-06Lynda.com - Maya 2011 Creating Natural Environments with Exercise Files - Removed
- 2011-03-04Lynda.com - Maya 2011: Creating Natural Environments with Exercise Files - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.