Posted on 2014-04-09, updated at 2016-08-22. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 0593070097, 0593070100, 055384122X | 2014 | 368 pages | EPUB | 6 MB
From Ed Catmull, co-founder (with Steve Jobs and John Lasseter) of Pixar Animation Studios, comes an incisive book about creativity in businessâ€”sure to appeal to readers of Daniel Pink, Tom Peters, and Chip and Dan Heath.
Creativity, Inc. is a book for managers who want to lead their employees to new heights, a manual for anyone who strives for originality, and the first-ever, all-access trip into the nerve center of Pixar Animationâ€”into the meetings, postmortems, and â€œBraintrustâ€ sessions where some of the most successful films in history are made. It is, at heart, a book about how to build a creative cultureâ€”but it is also, as Pixar co-founder and president Ed Catmull writes, â€œan expression of the ideas that I believe make the best in us possible.â€
For nearly twenty years, Pixar has dominated the world of animation, producing such beloved films as the Toy Story trilogy, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Up, and WALL-E, which have gone on to set box-office records and garner thirty Academy Awards. The joyousness of the storytelling, the inventive plots, the emotional authenticity: In some ways, Pixar movies are an object lesson in what creativity really is. Here, in this book, Catmull reveals the ideals and techniques that have made Pixar so widely admiredâ€”and so profitable.
As a young man, Ed Catmull had a dream: to make the first computer-animated movie. He nurtured that dream as a Ph.D. student at the University of Utah, where many computer science pioneers got their start, and then forged a partnership with George Lucas that led, indirectly, to his founding Pixar with Steve Jobs and John Lasseter in 1986. Nine years later, Toy Story was released, changing animation forever. The essential ingredient in that movieâ€™s successâ€”and in the thirteen movies that followedâ€”was the unique environment that Catmull and his colleagues built at Pixar, based on philosophies that protect the creative process and defy convention, such as:
â€¢ Give a good idea to a mediocre team, and they will screw it up. But give a mediocre idea to a great team, and they will either fix it or come up with something better.
â€¢ If you donâ€™t strive to uncover what is unseen and understand its nature, you will be ill prepared to lead.
â€¢ Itâ€™s not the managerâ€™s job to prevent risks. Itâ€™s the managerâ€™s job to make it safe for others to take them.
â€¢ The cost of preventing errors is often far greater than the cost of fixing them.
â€¢ A companyâ€™s communication structure should not mirror its organizational structure. Everybody should be able to talk to anybody.
â€¢ Do not assume that general agreement will lead to changeâ€”it takes substantial energy to move a group, even when all are on board.
Advance praise for Creativity, Inc.
â€œMany have attempted to formulate and categorize inspiration and creativity. What Ed Catmull shares instead is his astute experience that creativity isnâ€™t strictly a well of ideas, but an alchemy of people. In Creativity, Inc. Ed reveals, with commonsense specificity and honesty, examples of how not to get in your own way and how to realize a creative coalescence of art, business, and innovation.â€â€”George Lucas
â€œBusiness gurus love to tell stories about Pixar, but this is our first chance to hear the real story from someone who lived it and led it. Everyone interested in managing innovationâ€”or just good managingâ€”needs to read this book.â€â€”Chip Heath, co-author of Switch and Decisive
- Ebooks list page : 26059
- 2017-09-11Creativity, Inc Overcoming The Unseen Forces That Stand In The Way Of True Inspiration
- 2017-07-13Creativity, Inc. Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration.
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
- 2019-01-25Occulture The Unseen Forces That Drive Culture Forward [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-10Occulture The Unseen Forces That Drive Culture Forward [Audiobook]
- 2010-05-16Unseen Forces That Can Affect Our Lives
- 2009-12-23Unseen Forces That Can Affect Our Lives
- 2012-01-06Range Murata - All The Way Home
- 2011-08-31The Way of the Panda: The Curious History of China's Political Animal - Removed
- 2011-07-19Adobe Flash CS3: The Professional Portfolio
- 2017-12-22[PDF] How Evil Works: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America
- 2012-06-17How Evil Works: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America (repost)
- 2011-09-22How Evil Works: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America
- 2011-07-18How Evil Works: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America
- 2011-07-06How Evil Works: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America
- 2011-07-05How Evil Works: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transfor
- 2019-07-25 @(Precious) - Why You Should Read The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future by Kevin Kelly Online or Download [~MOBI ~EPUB ~PDF]
- 2019-03-07Predictably Irrational The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions
- 2019-02-22Predictably Irrational The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.