Posted on 2011-03-16. By anonymous.
Crime and Punishment around the World, Volume 2: The Americas by: Graeme R. Newman
ABC-CLIO (June 28, 2010) | ISBN: 0313351376 | 538 pages | PDF | 10 MB
It is a subject as old as civil society, yet one that still fuels debate. Now the many and varied aspects of that subject are brought together in the four-volume Crime and Punishment around the World. This unprecedented work provides descriptions of crimesâ€”and the justice systems that define and punish themâ€”in more than 200 nations, principalities, and dependencies.
Each chapter examines the historical, political, and cultural background, as well as the basic organization of the subject state's legal and criminal justice system. It also reports on the types and levels of crime, the processes leading to the finding of guilt, the rights of the accused, alternatives to going to trial, how suspects are prosecuted for their crimes, and the techniques and conditions of typical punishments employed. Comprising a study that is at once extraordinarily comprehensive and minutely detailed, the essays collected here showcase the variety and the universality of crime and punishment the world over.
The second volume of Crime and Punishment around the World encompasses North, Central, and South America, as well as the Caribbean islands. The Navajo Nation of the United States is also included in this volume. With respect to crime and punishment, the Americas are often categorized as having both high violent crime rates and high imprisonment rates. Although the maps in this volume show that these assessments are somewhat accurate, the range of the physical sizes of these countries obscures some of the diversity in crime and punishment patterns.
- Ebooks list page : 10992
- 2011-05-04Crime and Punishment around the World (Volume 2)
- 2011-03-20Crime and Punishment around the World, Volume 4: Europe
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Crime and Punishment around the World [4 volumes]
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Crime and Punishment around the World [4 volumes]
- 2014-06-12Crime and Punishment Around the World (4 Volumes)
- 2019-01-24Beyond These Walls Rethinking Crime and Punishment in the United States - Removed
- 2019-01-15Beyond These Walls Rethinking Crime and Punishment in the United States [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-10Beyond These Walls Rethinking Crime and Punishment in the United States
- 2019-01-10Beyond These Walls Rethinking Crime and Punishment in the United States [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Outlaws and Lawmen: Crime and Punishment in the 1800s (Daily Life in America in the 1800s)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Underworld London: Crime and Punishment in the Capital City
- 2013-06-05Glasgow: The Real Mean City: True Crime and Punishment in the Second City of Empire
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Drug Trafficking, Organized Crime, and Violence in the Americas Today
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Women and Politics around the World: A Comparative History and Survey 2 volume set
- 2017-09-18Public Opinion and Polling around the World A Historical Encyclopedia, Two Volume set
- 2008-12-05Public Opinion and Polling around the World: A Historical Encyclopaedia a Two Volume Set
- 2019-03-27The Future of Crime and Punishment Smart Policies for Reducing Crime and Saving Money
- 2018-12-05Crime and Punishment in Russia A Comparative History From Peter the Great to Vladimir Putin
- 2018-10-14Ultimate Book of Adventure Life-Changing Excursions and Experiences Around the World 2
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.