Posted on 2013-12-21, updated at 2017-12-16, by Marmaladka.
Author: William Hughes, Jonathan Lavery | Publisher: Broadview Press | Date: 2004 | Format: pdf | Pages: 403 | Language: English | ISBN10: 1551115735
Description: William Hughes's Critical Thinking, recently revised and updated by Jonathan Lavery, is a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the essential skills required to make strong arguments. Hughes and Lavery give a thorough treatment of such traditional topics as deductive and inductive reasoning, logical fallacies and how to spot them, the importance of inference, how to recognise and avoid ambiguity, and how to assess what is or is not relevant to an argument. But they also cover a variety of topics not always treated in books of this sort--special concerns to keep in mind when reasoning about ethical matters, and how the nature of a language can affect the structure of an argument. The book gives a lucid treatment of the differences between descriptive and evaluative meaning: one person's freedom fighter is another person's terrorist. Last but not least, Critical Thinking includes a selection of logical paradoxes and puzzles that are as entertaining as they are enlightening.
NOWDOWNLOAD links: http://www.nowdownload.eu/dl/dv5ehn6gtqbqz
- Ebooks list page : 24226
- 2010-12-10Critical Thinking: An Introduction to the Basic Skills
- 2009-10-09Critical Thinking: An Introduction to the Basic Skills
- 2011-12-30The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking-Concepts and Tools
- 2011-09-09The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking-Concepts and Tools free ebook download
- 2012-12-07Critical Thinking for Students: Learn the Skills of Critical Assessment and Effective Argument (repost)
- 2012-04-17Knitting 101: Master Basic Skills and Techniques Easily through Step-by-Step Instruction
- 2012-01-11Med-Surg Success: A Course Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking (Davis's Q&a Series)
- 2011-11-19Critical Thinking for Students: Learn the Skills of Critical Assessment and Effective Argument free ebook download
- 2011-11-02Reason to Write: Applying Critical Thinking to Academic Writing
- 2009-09-13Roy Van Den Brinkbudgen - Critical Thinking for Students: Learn the Skills of Critical Assessment and Effective Argument
- 2018-10-17Chemistry Made Simple A Complete Introduction to the Basic Building Blocks of Matter
- 2018-08-29Chemistry Made Simple A Complete Introduction to the Basic Building Blocks of Matter
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Critical Thinking in Long-Term Care Nursing: Skills to Assess, Analyze, and Act
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Introduction to the Basic Concepts of Modern Physics (UNITEXT / Collana di Fisica e Astronomia)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Introduction to Photoshop: Basic Skills 3 DIY Projects
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Introduction to the Basic Concepts of Modern Physics: Special Relativity, Quantum and Statistical Physics (Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Mathematics: The Basic Skills
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Introduction to the Basic Concepts of Modern Physics (UNITEXT / Collana di Fisica e Astronomia, Springer)
- 2014-01-03Critical Thinking in Long-Term Care Nursing: Skills to Assess, Analyze, and Act (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.