Posted on 2011-03-11. By anonymous.
Publisher: O U P 2002 | 328 Pages | ISBN: 0195132963 , 0195365860 | PDF | 2 MB
In Crossing Paths, John Daverio explores the connections between art and life in the works of three giants of musical romanticism. Drawing on contemporary critical theory and a wide variety of nineteenth-century sources, he considers topics including Schubert and Schumann's uncanny ability to evoke memory in music, the supposed cryptographic practices of Schumann and Brahms, and the allure of the Hungarian Gypsy style for Brahms and others in the Schumann circle. The book offers a fresh perspective on the music of these composers, including a comprehensive discussion of the 19th century practice of cryptogtraphy, a debunking of the myth that Schumann and Brahms planted codes for "Clara Schumann" throughout their works, and attention to the late works of Schumann not as evidence of the composer's descent into madness but as inspiration for his successors. Daverio portrays the book's three key players as musical storytellers, each in his own way simulating the structure of lived experience in works of art. As an intimate study of three composers that combines cultural history and literary criticism with deep musicological understanding, Crossing Paths is a rich exploration of memory, the re-creation of artistic tradition, and the value of artistic influence.
- Ebooks list page : 10910
- 2013-05-11Crossing Paths: Schubert, Schumann, and Brahms
- 2013-05-08Crossing Paths: Schubert, Schumann, and Brahms (Repost)
- 2011-08-17Crossing Paths: Schubert, Schumann, and Brahms
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Manifold Mirrors: The Crossing Paths of the Arts and Mathematics
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Nietzsche, Heidegger And Daoist Thought: Crossing Paths In-between (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2013-08-12Manifold Mirrors: The Crossing Paths of the Arts and Mathematics
- 2009-07-17Nietzsche, Heidegger And Daoist Thought: Crossing Paths In-between
- 2019-02-28The German Symphony between Beethoven and Brahms The Fall and Rise of a Genre
- 2019-01-31Biracial Families Crossing Boundaries, Blending Cultures, and Challenging Racial Ideologies - Removed
- 2018-11-21Crossing Cultures A Sicilian and American Family in Western New York
- 2018-11-09Crossing Central Europe Continuities and Transformations, 1900 and 2000
- 2018-11-03Secure Oil and Alternative Energy The Geopolitics of Energy Paths of China and the European Union
- 2018-11-01God Goes to Work New Thought Paths to Prosperity and Profits
- 2018-09-04Everyday Creativity and the Healthy Mind Dynamic New Paths for Self and Society
- 2018-08-31Everyday Creativity and the Healthy Mind: Dynamic New Paths for Self and Society
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Hero of the Crossing: How Anwar Sadat and the 1973 War Changed the World
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Women, Politics, and Democracy in Latin America (Crossing Boundaries of Gender and Politics in the Global South)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Mathematics Learning in Early Childhood: Paths Toward Excellence and Equity
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Nonprofit Leadership Transition and Development Guide: Proven Paths for Leaders and Organizations
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.