Posted on 2012-01-08. By anonymous.
Gil-n Media | 2011 | ASIN: B006JAM3UU | MP3@128 kbps | 9 hrs 55 mins | 542.73 MB
In 1971, President Nixon imposed national price controls and took the United States off the gold standard, an extreme measure intended to end an ongoing currency war that had destroyed faith in the U.S. dollar. Today we are engaged in a new currency war, and this time the consequences will be far worse than those that confronted Nixon.
Currency wars are one of the most destructive and feared outcomes in international economics. At best, they offer the sorry spectacle of countries' stealing growth from their trading partners. At worst, they degenerate into sequential bouts of inflation, recession, retaliation, and sometimes actual violence. Left unchecked, the next currency war could lead to a crisis worse than the panic of 2008.
Currency wars have happened before-twice in the last century alone-and they always end badly. Time and again, paper currencies have collapsed, assets have been frozen, gold has been confiscated, and capital controls have been imposed. And the next crash is overdue. Recent headlines about the debasement of the dollar, bailouts in Greece and Ireland, and Chinese currency manipulation are all indicators of the growing conflict.
As James Rickards argues in Currency Wars, this is more than just a concern for economists and investors. The United States is facing serious threats to its national security, from clandestine gold purchases by China to the hidden agendas of sovereign wealth funds. Greater than any single threat is the very real danger of the collapse of the dollar itself.
Baffling to many observers is the rank failure of economists to foresee or prevent the economic catastrophes of recent years. Not only have their theories failed to prevent calamity, they are making the currency wars worse. The U. S. Federal Reserve has engaged in the greatest gamble in the history of finance, a sustained effort to stimulate the economy by printing money on a trillion-dollar scale. Its solutions present hidden new dangers while resolving none of the current dilemmas.
While the outcome of the new currency war is not yet certain, some version of the worst-case scenario is almost inevitable if U.S. and world economic leaders fail to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors. Rickards untangles the web of failed paradigms, wishful thinking, and arrogance driving current public policy and points the way toward a more informed and effective course of action.
- Ebooks list page : 16868
- 2012-01-08Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis (Audiobook)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis
- 2013-12-14Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crises (Audiobook) (repost)
- 2012-05-04Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crises [Audiobook, Repost]
- 2011-12-10Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Vega Factor: Oil Volatility and the Next Global Crisis
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Bad Banks: Mistakes, Misselling, Misbehaviour and the Next Global Crisis
- 2012-06-10The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- 2019-01-15Life After Carbon The Next Global Transformation of Cities [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-10Life After Carbon The Next Global Transformation of Cities [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-27Life After Carbon The Next Global Transformation of Cities [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The Road to Ruin: The Global Elites' Secret Plan for the Next Financial Crisis
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Break Up the Banks!: A Practical Guide to Stopping the Next Global Financial Meltdown
- 2016-12-04The Road to Ruin The Global Elites' Secret Plan for the Next Financial Crisis
- 2014-05-05Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown (repost)
- 2013-02-09Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown (repost)
- 2013-01-10The Next Global Stage: Challenges and Opportunities in Our Borderless World (Repost)
- 2012-07-04Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown - Removed
- 2012-07-01After America: Narratives for the Next Global Age - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.