Author: David A. Patterson, John L. Hennessy
Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann
Posted on 2011-12-22, by LionFar.
|Title:David A. Patterson, "Computer Organization and Design"
Author:David A. Patterson, John L. Hennessy
|Description:A revised printing for this book will be available in June 2007!
What's New in the Third Edition, Revised Printing
The same great book gets better! The revised printing features all of the original content along with these additional features:
. Appendix A (Assemblers, Linkers, and the SPIM Simulator) has been moved from the CD-ROM into the printed book
. Corrections and bug fixes
Click here to request a desk copy of the revised printing!
About the Third Edition
In addition to thoroughly updating every aspect of the text to reflect the most current computing technology, the third edition
*Uses standard 32-bit MIPS 32 as the primary teaching ISA.
*Presents the assembler-to-HLL translations in both C and Java.
*Highlights the latest developments in architecture in Real Stuff sections:
+ Intel IA-32
+ Power PC 604
+ Google's PC cluster
+ Pentium P4
+ SPEC CPU2000 benchmark suite for processors
+ SPEC Web99 benchmark for web servers
+ EEMBC benchmark for embedded systems
+ AMD Opteron memory hierarchy
+ AMD vs. 1A-64
New support for distinct course goals
Many of the adopters who have used our book throughout its two editions are refining their courses with a greater hardware or software focus. We have provided new material to support these course goals:
New material to support a Hardware Focus
+Using logic design conventions
+Designing with hardware description languages
+Designing with FPGAs
+HDL simulators and tutorials
+Xilinx CAD tools
New material to support a Software Focus
+How compilers Work
+How to optimize compilers
+How to implement object oriented languages
+MIPS simulator and tutorial
+History sections on programming languages, compilers, operating systems and databases
What's New in the Third Edition
New pedagogical features
Understanding Program Performance
-Analyzes key performance issues from the programmer's perspective
Check Yourself Questions
-Helps students assess their understanding of key points of a section
Computers In the Real World
-Illustrates the diversity of applications of computing technology beyond traditional desktop and servers
For More Practice
-Provides students with additional problems they can tackle
In More Depth
-Presents new information and challenging exercises for the advanced student
New reference features
Highlighted glossary terms and definitions appear on the book page, as bold-faced entries in the index, and as a separate and searchable reference on the CD.
A complete index of the material in the book and on the CD appears in the printed index and the CD includes a fully searchable version of the same index.
Historical Perspectives and Further Readings have been updated and expanded to include the history of software R&D.
CD-Library provides materials collected from the web which directly support the text.
On the CD
CD-Bars: Full length sections that are introduced in the book and presented on the CD
CD-Appendixes: The entire set of appendixes
CD-Library: Materials collected from the web which directly support the text
CD-Exercises: For More Practice provides exercises and solutions for self-study
In More Depth presents new information and challenging exercises for the advanced or curious student
Glossary: Terms that are defined in the text are collected in this searchable reference
Further Reading: References are organized by the chapter they support
Software: HDL simulators, MIPS simulators, and FPGA design tools
Tutorials: SPIM, Verilog, and VHDL
Additional Support: Processor Models, Labs, Homeworks, Index covering the book and CD contents
+ Instructor Support is provided in a password-protected site to adopters who request the password from our sales representative
+ Solutions to all the exercises
+ Figures from the book in a number of formats
+ Lecture slides prepared by the authors and other instructors
+ Lecture notes
Most of the content on this CD can be used under any operating system that includes an HTML browser and a PDF viewer. This includes Windows 98 or later, Mac OS 9 and OS X, and most Linux and Unix systems. Some contributed software on this CD is operating system specific. See the installation instructions on the Software page for details.
Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla 1.6, Netscape 7.1, Opera 7.23. Under Mac OS X with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 5.2.3, Mozilla 1.6 , Netscape 7.1, Safari 1.2. And under Mandrake Linux with the following browser:
The content is designed to be viewed in a browser window that is at least 720 pixels wide. You may find the content does not display well if your display is not set to at least 1024x768 pixel resolution.
The CD material includes PDF documents that you can read with a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader . Recent versions of Adobe Reader for supported platforms are included on the CD. Visit the Adobe Reader home page for more information.
Some of the material on this CD makes use of Flash animations. To view this material, you will need to have Macromedia Flash Player installed. You can install the Shockwave Player (which includes Flash) on Windows and Macintosh from this CD. Visit the Macromedia homepage for more information. Note that recent versions of some browsers, including Internet Explorer, Netscape, and AOL, already incorporate Flash Player.
Some of the material on this CD contains photographic panoramas that can only be viewed with the iseemedia Zoom Viewer browser plugin on Windows and Mac OS 9 platforms. Visit iseemedia's website for download instructions.
For instructor resources click on the grey "companion site" button found on the right side of this page.
This new edition represents a major revision.
New to this edition:
* Entire Text has been updated to reflect new technology
* 70% new exercises.
* Includes a CD loaded with software, projects and exercises to support courses using a number of tools
* A new interior design presents defined terms in the margin for quick reference
* A new feature, "Understanding Program Performance" focuses on performance from the programmer's perspective
* Two sets of exercises and solutions, "For More Practice" and "In More Depth," are included on the CD
* "Check Yourself" questions help students check their understanding of major concepts
* "Computers In the Real World" feature illustrates the diversity of uses for information technology
*More detail below...
Download David A. Patterson, "Computer Organization and Design"
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 16344
- 2013-06-21David A. Patterson, Computer Organization and Design (Repost)
- 2011-12-22Computer Organization and Design, : The Hardware/Software Interface, Third Edition (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design) free ebook download
- 2011-09-28Computer Organization and Design, Fourth Edition: The Hardware/Software Interface
- 2011-09-02Computer Organization and Design Third Edition: The Hardware/Software Interface, Third Edition (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
- 2011-09-02Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface. Third Edition, Revised
- 2011-02-13Computer Organization and Design 4th Edition cd Solutions Manual
- 2011-02-13Computer Organization and Design 4th Edition cd Solutions Manual
- 2013-10-07David A. Patterson, John L. Hennessy - Computer Organization and Design, Fourth Edition (Repost) - Removed
- 2012-06-01Computer Organization and Design - The Hardware Software Interface - David A. Patterson - John L. Hennessy - Removed
- 2011-12-22David A. Patterson, "Computer Organization and Design" (repost)
- 2009-10-21Computer Organization and Design, 4th Ed - Removed
- 2011-10-10John L. Hennessy, David A. Patterson, Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach
- 2011-05-18Computer Organization and Design Fundamentals (Lulu.com)
- 2018-11-14Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design), 4th Edition
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Computer Organization and Design, Fourth Edition: The Hardware/Software Interface - Removed
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware Software Interface: ARM Edition (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design) - Removed
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Fundamentals of Computer Organization and Design (Texts in Computer Science)
- 2017-10-11Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware Software Interface: ARM Edition
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Fundamentals of Computer Organization and Design (Texts in Computer Science)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.