Posted on 2018-09-14, by manhneovn.
In Decolonizing Extinction Juno Salazar Parreñas ethnographically traces the ways in which colonialism, decolonization, and indigeneity shape relations that form more-than-human worlds at orangutan rehabilitation centers on Borneo. Parreñas tells the interweaving stories of wildlife workers and the centers' endangered animals while demonstrating the inseparability of risk and futurity from orangutan care. Drawing on anthropology, primatology, Southeast Asian history, gender studies, queer theory, and science and technology studies, Parreñas suggests that examining workers' care for these semi-wild apes can serve as a basis for cultivating mutual but unequal vulnerability in an era of annihilation. Only by considering rehabilitation from perspectives thus far ignored, Parreñas contends, could conservation biology turn away from ultimately violent investments in population growth and embrace a feminist sense of welfare, even if it means experiencing loss and pain.
- Ebooks list page : 37143
- 2017-09-12Gender, Migration, and the Work of Care A Multi-Scalar Approach to the Pacific Rim
- 2011-08-04Cyberpunk & Cyberculture: Science Fiction and the Work of William Gibson
- 2018-11-06Essential Business Fundamentals for the Successful Eye Care Practice
- 2018-10-30Clinical Practice at the Edge of Care Developments in Working with At-Risk Children and their Famili...
- 2018-10-18The answers of the assignments of Java quizmaster for beginners The work book
- 2018-10-18Plastic Materialities Politics, Legality, and Metamorphosis in the Work of Catherine Malabou
- 2018-10-14The Work My Search for a Life That Matters [Audiobook]
- 2018-10-12Religious Experience in the Work of Richard Wagner
- 2018-10-11Frank Lloyd Wright and Japan: The Role of Traditional Japanese Art and Architecture in the Work of Frank Lloyd Wright
- 2018-10-08The New Rules of the Roost Organic Care and Feeding for the Family Flock
- 2018-10-06Algerian Imprints Ethical Space in the Work of Assia Djebar and Helene Cixous
- 2018-10-01New Horizons in Forensic Psychotherapy Exploring the Work of Estela V. Welldon
- 2018-09-26Employee Benefits and the New Health Care Landscape
- 2018-09-21Declarations of Dependence Money, Aesthetics, and the Politics of Care
- 2018-08-29The answers of the assignments of Java quizmaster for beginners The work book
- 2018-08-26Plastic Materialities Politics, Legality, and Metamorphosis in the Work of Catherine Malabou
- 2018-08-23Carboniferous Giants and Mass Extinction The Late Paleozoic Ice Age World
- 2018-08-21The Work My Search for a Life That Matters [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-19Carboniferous Giants and Mass Extinction: The Late Paleozoic Ice Age World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.