Posted on 2018-09-14, by manhneovn.
In Decolonizing Extinction Juno Salazar Parreñas ethnographically traces the ways in which colonialism, decolonization, and indigeneity shape relations that form more-than-human worlds at orangutan rehabilitation centers on Borneo. Parreñas tells the interweaving stories of wildlife workers and the centers' endangered animals while demonstrating the inseparability of risk and futurity from orangutan care. Drawing on anthropology, primatology, Southeast Asian history, gender studies, queer theory, and science and technology studies, Parreñas suggests that examining workers' care for these semi-wild apes can serve as a basis for cultivating mutual but unequal vulnerability in an era of annihilation. Only by considering rehabilitation from perspectives thus far ignored, Parreñas contends, could conservation biology turn away from ultimately violent investments in population growth and embrace a feminist sense of welfare, even if it means experiencing loss and pain.
- Ebooks list page : 37143
- 2017-09-12Gender, Migration, and the Work of Care A Multi-Scalar Approach to the Pacific Rim
- 2011-08-04Cyberpunk & Cyberculture: Science Fiction and the Work of William Gibson
- 2018-08-29The answers of the assignments of Java quizmaster for beginners The work book
- 2018-08-26Plastic Materialities Politics, Legality, and Metamorphosis in the Work of Catherine Malabou
- 2018-08-23Carboniferous Giants and Mass Extinction The Late Paleozoic Ice Age World
- 2018-08-21The Work My Search for a Life That Matters [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-19Carboniferous Giants and Mass Extinction: The Late Paleozoic Ice Age World
- 2018-08-11Managing the Myths of Health Care Bridging the Separations Between Care, Cure, Control, and Community
- 2018-08-09At His Crossroad Reflections on the Work of France Bucar
- 2018-08-09The Work of Recognition Caribbean Colombia and the Postemancipation Struggle for Citizenship
- 2018-08-01Declarations of Dependence Money, Aesthetics, and the Politics of Care
- 2018-07-31Do More Great Work Stop the Busywork. Start the Work That Matters. [Audiobook]
- 2018-07-22Employee Benefits and the New Health Care Landscape
- 2018-07-19Let the Story Do the Work: The Art of Storytelling for Business Success
- 2018-07-15The Work of Communication Relational Perspectives on Working and Organizing in Contemporary Capitalism
- 2018-06-09The Complete Pet Care Guide To A Happy, Healthy Dog & Puppy
- 2018-06-06History in the Plural An Introduction to the Work of Reinhart Koselleck
- 2018-06-04New Horizons in Forensic Psychotherapy Exploring the Work of Estela V. Welldon
- 2018-05-26The Complete Pet Care Guide To A Happy, Healthy Dog & Puppy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.