Posted on 2019-03-03, by nokia241186.
Robert B. Talisse, "Democracy and Moral Conflict"
English | 2009 | ISBN: 0521513545 | PDF | pages: 217 | 0.9 mb
Why democracy? Most often this question is met with an appeal to some decidedly moral value, such as equality, liberty, dignity or even peace. But in contemporary democratic societies, there is deep disagreement and conflict about the precise nature and relative worth of these values. And when democracy votes, some of those who lose will see the prevailing outcome as not merely disappointing, but morally intolerable. How should citizens react when confronted with a democratic result that they regard as intolerable? Should they revolt, or instead pursue democratic means of social change? In this book, Robert Talisse argues that each of us has reasons to uphold democracy - even when it makes serious moral errors - and that these reasons are rooted in our most fundamental epistemic commitments. His original and compelling study will be of interest to a wide range of readers in political philosophy and political theory.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 39544
- 2019-02-23Democracy and Moral Conflict
- 2013-05-05Cambridge - Democracy and Moral Conflict 
- 2010-03-07Democracy and Moral Conflict
- 2018-06-01Civil-Military Dynamics, Democracy, and International Conflict A New Quest for International Peace
- 2018-06-29Tragedy and Citizenship Conflict, Reconciliation, and Democracy from Haemon to Hegel
- 2018-05-28Romania Confronts Its Communist Past: Democracy, Memory, and Moral Justice
- 2018-05-07Romania Confronts Its Communist Past Democracy, Memory, and Moral Justice
- 2018-05-04Romania Confronts Its Communist Past: Democracy, Memory, and Moral Justice
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Justice and the Just War Tradition: Human Worth, Moral Formation, and Armed Conflict
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Democracy and War: Institutions, Norms, and the Evolution of International Conflict
- 2012-03-16Think-tanks, Social Democracy and Social Policy By Hartwig Pautz - Removed
- 2012-02-03Tragedy and Citizenship: Conflict, Reconciliation, and Democracy from Haemon to Hegel (Repost)
- 2010-04-12Stalin's Cold War: Soviet Foreign Policy, Democracy and Communism in Bulgaria, 1941- 48: Soviet Foreign Policy, Democracy and Communism in Bulgaria, 1941-48 (Global Conflict and Security Since 1945) - Removed
- 2010-03-27The Diversity of Democracy: Corporatism, Social Order And Political Conflict
- 2009-02-23Bioethics and Armed Conflict: Moral Dilemmas of Medicine and War (Basic Bioethics)
- 2019-11-08Democracy and Public Management Reform Building the Republican State
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.