Posted on 2014-05-16, updated at 2017-09-04. By anonymous.
by Ezra F. Vogel
English | 2011 | ISBN: 0674055446 | 928 pages | EPUB, MOBI | 5.8 MB
“Perhaps no one in the twentieth century had a greater long-term impact on world history than Deng Xiaoping. And no scholar of contemporary East Asian history and culture is better qualified than Ezra Vogel to disentangle the many contradictions embodied in the life and legacy of China’s boldest strategist.
Once described by Mao Zedong as a “needle inside a ball of cotton,” Deng was the pragmatic yet disciplined driving force behind China’s radical transformation in the late twentieth century. He confronted the damage wrought by the Cultural Revolution, dissolved Mao’s cult of personality, and loosened the economic and social policies that had stunted China’s growth. Obsessed with modernization and technology, Deng opened trade relations with the West, which lifted hundreds of millions of his countrymen out of poverty. Yet at the same time he answered to his authoritarian roots, most notably when he ordered the crackdown in June 1989 at Tiananmen Square.
Deng’s youthful commitment to the Communist Party was cemented in Paris in the early 1920s, among a group of Chinese student-workers that also included Zhou Enlai. Deng returned home in 1927 to join the Chinese Revolution on the ground floor. In the fifty years of his tumultuous rise to power, he endured accusations, purges, and even exile before becoming China’s preeminent leader from 1978 to 1989 and again in 1992. When he reached the top, Deng saw an opportunity to creatively destroy much of the economic system he had helped build for five decades as a loyal follower of Mao—and he did not hesitate.”
Please No mirrors.
- Ebooks list page : 26946
- 2014-05-31Deng Xiaoping and the Transformation of China
- 2012-03-16Deng Xiaoping and the Transformation of China
- 2012-01-24Deng Xiaoping and the Transformation of China
- 2014-06-12Civilizations: Culture, Ambition, and the Transformation of Nature (repost)
- 2014-01-29Warfare at Sea, 1500-1650: Maritime Conflicts and the Transformation of Europe (repost)
- 2013-11-29APEC and the Rise of China (repost)
- 2013-04-30Immigration and the Transformation of Europe (repost)
- 2012-06-06ASEAN Industries and the Challenge from China [Repost]
- 2012-01-20Reframing: Neuro-Linguistic Programming and the Transformation of Meaning [Repost]
- 2010-05-20Deng Xiaoping and the Chinese Revolution: A Political Biography (Routledge in Asia) - Removed
- 2009-07-25Reframing: Neuro-Linguistic Programming and the Transformation of Meaning (Repost)
- 2014-06-14Openness, Economic Growth and Regional Disparities: The Case of China [Repost]
- 2014-06-12China Shakes the World: A Titan's Rise and Troubled Future - and the Challenge for America (repost)
- 2013-08-17Bad Kids: Race and the Transformation of the Juvenile Court (repost)
- 2013-08-16No Sympathy for the Devil: Christian Pop Music and the Transformation of American Evangelicalism (repost)
- 2013-02-15Warfare at Sea, 1500-1650: Maritime Conflicts and the Transformation of Europe (Warfare and History) (repost)
- 2013-01-28China, India and the International Economic Order (repost)
- 2012-12-13Francis Bacon and the Transformation of Early-Modern Philosophy (repost)
- 2012-11-06The People's Dynasty: Culture and Society in Modern China [repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.