Posted on 2018-04-16, by nokia241186.
Digital Hampi: Preserving Indian Cultural Heritage By Anupama Mallik
English | PDF,EPUB | 2017 | 398 Pages | ISBN : 9811057370 | 41.44 MB
The book represents the culmination of a hugely successful heritage preservation project initiated by the Government of India's Department of Science and Technology. It presents extensive research on the digital preservation of the history, mythology, art, architecture and culture of the world heritage site Hampi in Karnataka, the seat of the Vijayanagara dynasty in medieval India. Further, the book introduces readers to a range of techniques developed by Indian technical research groups for digitally preserving both the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the region. These techniques are sufficiently generic to be applied in heritage preservation efforts for other historical sites around the world as well.
Technological advances have made it possible to not only create digital archives of these heritage artifacts, but to also share these resources for people to view, explore, experience, and analyze. This book showcases how cutting-edge technology can be combined with cultural and historical research to digitize and preserve heritage. It is the consolidation of work conducted under the Indian Digital Heritage project, a unique initiative of the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India. The project involved collaboration between researchers in the areas of Technology, Computer Science, Architecture and the Humanities for the digital documentation and interpretation of India's tangible and intangible heritage. It highlights the art, architecture, and cultural legacy of the world heritage site of Hampi in Karnataka, the medieval capital of the 14th-16th century Vijayanagara dynasty.
The contributors to this book are scientists and technology experts from prominent academic institutes in India such as the IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology), NIIT, and NID (National Institute of Design) working in collaboration with some of India's top architects, art historians, anthropologists, heritage groups and multi-disciplinary cultural institutions such as the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS). Their papers will introduce readers to cutting-edge technologies from research areas such as computer vision, 3D modeling and artificial intelligence as they are employed to preserve art and culture in the digital domain.
The book is divided into four parts. Part 1 details efforts and techniques for modeling and representing the tangible heritage of Hampi, such as the reconstruction of damaged structures, realistic walk-throughs, and haptic rendering. Part 2 includes chapters detailing the analysis and digital restoration of artifacts such as mural paintings, inscriptions and sculptures, as well as mobile-based visual search for artifacts. Part 3 includes chapters on conjectural re-constructions of the architectural life, social life and traditions of Hampi. Lastly, Part 4 addresses the knowledge-based archiving and exploration of cultural heritage.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36041
- 2013-10-26Digital Preservation Technology for Cultural Heritage
- 2018-06-27Digital Cultural Heritage
- 2018-04-16Advances in Digital Cultural Heritage
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Merz Telescopes: A global heritage worth preserving (Historical & Cultural Astronomy)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Crowdsourcing our Cultural Heritage (Digital Research in the Arts and Humanities)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Visual Interface Design for Digital Cultural Heritage: A Guide to Rich-Prospect Browsing (Digital Research in the Arts and Humanities)
- 2017-09-21Digital Heritage. Progress in Cultural Heritage Documentation, Preservation, and Protection, Part I
- 2014-03-21Digital Imaging for Cultural Heritage Preservation: Analysis, Restoration, and Reconstruction of Ancient Artworks (repost)
- 2013-12-23Digital Heritage Applying Digital Imaging to Cultural Heritage
- 2013-12-22Digital Heritage: Applying Digital Imaging to Cultural Heritage
- 2012-12-02Digital Heritage: Applying Digital Imaging to Cultural Heritage (repost)
- 2012-03-29Digital Imaging for Cultural Heritage Preservation: Analysis, Restoration, and Reconstruction of Ancient Artworks
- 2012-01-09Digital Heritage: Applying Digital Imaging to Cultural Heritage (Repost)
- 2009-01-18MacDonald : Digital Heritage: Applying Digital Imaging to Cultural Heritage
- 2018-07-18New Activities For Cultural Heritage Proceedings of the International Conference Heritagebot 2017
- 2018-06-01Cultural Heritage in Transit Intangible Rights as Human Rights
- 2018-04-22Geophysical Methods for Cultural Heritage Management
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Information Literacy and Cultural Heritage: Developing a Model for Lifelong Learning (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Cultural Property Crime: An Overview and Analysis on Contemporary Perspectives and Trends (Heritage and Identity: Issues in Cultural Heritage Protection)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.