Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2014-03-05. By anonymous.
Publisher: The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago | ISBN 10: 1885923686 | 2010 | PDF | 378 pages | 3.1 MB
The concept of sign, a portent observed in the physical world, which indicates future events, is found in all ancient cultures, but was first developed in ancient Mesopotamian texts. This branch of Babylonian scientific knowledge extensively influenced other parts of the world, and similar texts written in Aramaic, Sanscrit, Sogdian, and other languages. The seminar investigates how much we know about the Babylonian theory and hermeneutics of omens, and the scope of their possible influences on other cultures and regions.
Get More Interesting Ebooks >> Visit My Blog Now
- Ebooks list page : 25393
- 2011-03-09Divination and Interpretation of Signs in the Ancient World (Oriental Institute Seminars)
- 2013-01-16Oedipus (Gods and Heroes of the Ancient World) by Lowell Edmunds (Repost)
- 2013-02-11History of the Ancient World: A Global Perspective [repost]
- 2013-01-05Ancient Greek Laws: A Sourcebook (Routledge Sourcebooks for the Ancient World) by Ilias Arnaoutoglou (Repost)
- 2012-12-24The Persians (Peoples of the Ancient World) by Maria Brosius (Repost) - Removed
- 2012-12-18The Greek World 479-323 BC (The Routledge History of the Ancient World) by Simon Hornblower (Repost)
- 2012-02-17TTC Video - History of the Ancient World: A Global Perspective [repost]
- 2012-02-17TTC Audio - History of the Ancient World: A Global Perspective [repost]
- 2011-10-20The treasures of Nomadic Tribes in South Russia
- 2012-06-04The Ancient Alien Question
- 2011-12-17Time and Temporality in the Ancient World - Ralph Mark Rosen
- 2011-12-06Time and Temporality in the Ancient World - Ralph Mark Rosen
- 2011-12-04Time and Temporality in the Ancient World - Ralph Mark Rosen
- 2011-08-16Magic and Divination in the Ancient World (Ancient Magic and Divination)
- 2011-07-20Visible Language: Inventions of Writing in the Ancient Middle East and Beyond (Oriental Institute Museum Publications)
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Wonders of the Ancient World (Costume, Tradition and Culture: Reflecting on the Past)
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Jewish and Christian Communal Identities in the Roman World (Ancient Judaism and Early Christianity)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Oedipus (Gods and Heroes of the Ancient World)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] War and Peace in the Ancient World (Ancient World: Comparative Histories)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.