Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2014-06-15. By anonymous.
Aletta Bonn, Tim Allott, Klaus Hubacek, Jon Stewart - Drivers of Environmental Change in Uplands
Published: 2009-02-22 | ISBN: 0415447798, 0415564085 | PDF | 544 pages | 5 MB
The uplands are a crucial source of ecosystem services, such as water provision, carbon retention, maintenance of biodiversity, provision of recreation value and cultural heritage. This puts them in the focus of both environmental and social scientists as well as practitioners and land managers.. This volume brings together a wealth of knowledge of the British uplands from diverse but interrelated fields of study, clearly demonstrating their importance in 21st Century Britain, and indicating how we may through interdisciplinary approaches meet the challenges provided by past and future drivers of environmental change.
The upland environments are subject to change. They face imminent threats as well as opportunities from pressures such as climate change, changes in land management and related changes in fire risk, increases in erosion and water colour, degradation of habitats, altered wildlife and recreational value, as well as significant changes in the economy of these marginal areas. This book presents up-to-date scientific background information, addresses policy related issues and lays out pressing land management questions. A number of world-class experts provide a review of cutting-edge natural
and social science and an assessment of past, current and potential future management strategies, policies and other drivers of change. After appraisal of key concepts and principles, chapters provide specific examples and applications by focussing on UK upland areas and specifically the Peak District National Park as a key example for other highly valuable upland regions.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 27672
- 2014-06-18Drivers of Environmental Change in Uplands
- 2012-03-20Drivers of Environmental Change in Uplands - Removed
- 2009-02-13Drivers of Environmental Change in Uplands - Removed
- 2011-07-08Drivers of Organizational Change: A System Dynamics Analysis Integrating Environmental
- 2019-08-23Long-term Environmental Change in Arctic and Antarctic Lakes, Vol. 8
- 2019-06-29Global Environmental Change
- 2019-06-29A Political Ecology of Women, Water and Global Environmental Change
- 2019-06-25Biodiversity Conservation and Environmental Change
- 2019-04-13Ancestral Knowledge Meets Computer Science Education: Environmental Change in Community - Removed
- 2019-03-04Biodiversity and Environmental Change Monitoring, Challenges and Direction
- 2019-02-26Biomonitors and Biomarkers as Indicators of Environmental Change 2 A Handbook
- 2019-02-23Biodiversity and Environmental Change Monitoring, Challenges and Direction
- 2019-01-31Ecosystem Services, Biodiversity and Environmental Change in a Tropical Mountain Ecosystem of Sou - Removed
- 2019-01-31Responses of Northern U.S. Forests to Environmental Change - Removed
- 2019-01-30Remote Sensing in Northern Hydrology Measuring Environmental Change
- 2019-01-28Tracking Environmental Change Using Lake Sediments Terrestrial, Algal, and Siliceous Indicators
- 2019-01-28Responses of Northern U.S. Forests to Environmental Change - Removed
- 2019-01-27Biomonitors and Biomarkers as Indicators of Environmental Change 2 A Handbook - Removed
- 2019-01-25Global Environmental Change and Human Security
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.