Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2014-06-18. By anonymous.
Oxford University Press | English | 2009-03-15 | ISBN: 0199543283 | 320 pages | PDF | 2,3 MB
What did it mean to call someone 'eccentric' in nineteenth-century Paris? And why did breaking with convention arouse such ambivalent responses in middle-class readers, writers, and spectators? From high society to Bohemia and the demi-monde to the madhouse, the scandal of nonconformism provoked anxiety, disgust, and often secre yearning. In a culture preoccupied by the need for order ye simultaneously drawn to the values of freedom and innovation, eccentricity continually tested the boundaries of bourgeois identity, ultimately becoming inseparable from it.
Get More Interesting Ebooks >> Visit My Blog Now
Download Link 2
- Ebooks list page : 27726
- 2009-06-12Eccentricity and the Cultural Imagination in Nineteenth-Century Paris
- 2013-11-19The War against Catholicism: Liberalism and the Anti-Catholic Imagination in Nineteenth-Century Germany (repost)
- 2013-11-13Metahistory: The Historical Imagination in Nineteenth-Century Europe
- 2013-07-28Science and Eccentricity: Collecting, Writing and Performing Science for Early Nineteenth-Century Audiences (repost)
- 2013-01-07Romanticism and the School of Nature: Nineteenth-Century Drawings and Paintings from the Karen B. Cohen Collection
- 2011-02-11Metahistory: The Historical Imagination in Nineteenth-Century Europe
- 2010-07-12Thuggee: Banditry and the British in Early Nineteenth-Century India
- 2010-03-02Metahistory: The Historical Imagination in Nineteenth-Century Europe
- 2009-08-14On Trans-Saharan Trails: Islamic Law, Trade Networks, and Cross-Cultural Exchange in Nineteenth-Century Western Africa
- 2009-07-25Without Benefit of Clergy: Women and the Pastoral Relationship in Nineteenth-Century American Culture (Religion in America)
- 2009-03-04Susan Florio-Ruane, Julie deTar - Teacher Education and the Cultural Imagination: Autobiography, Conversation, and Narrative
- 2014-02-26Wesley and the Wesleyans: Religion in Eighteenth-Century Britain (Repost)
- 2013-10-04Cuban Sugar Industry: Transnational Networks and Engineering Migrants in Mid-Nineteenth Century Cuba (repost)
- 2013-05-09Economic Change and the National Question in Twentieth-Century Europe (repost)
- 2012-02-10"Incest and the Medieval Imagination" by Elizabeth Archibald (Repost)
- 2011-09-17Economic Change and the National Question in Twentieth-Century Europe [Repost, Sept 2011]
- 2011-03-10The Cambridge History of Nineteenth-Century Music (Repost)
- 2012-03-17Tithe and Agrarian History from the Fourteenth to the Nineteenth Century: An Essay in Comparative History By Emmanuel le Roy Ladurie, Joseph Goy
- 2012-09-09Liberalism, Imperialism, and the Historical Imagination: Nineteenth-Century Visions of a Greater Britain (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.