Posted on 2013-10-21. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 1420087207 | 2012 | 336 pages | PDF | 8 MB
Contemporary climate change is a crucial management challenge for wildlife scientists, conservation biologists, and ecologists of the 21st century. Climate fingerprints are being detected and documented in the responses of hundreds of wildlife species and numerous ecosystems around the world. To mitigate and accommodate the influences of climate change on wildlife and ecosystems, broader-scale conservation strategies are needed.
Ecological Consequences of Climate Change: Mechanisms, Conservation, and Management provides a mechanistic understanding of biotic responses to climate change, in order to better inform conservation and management strategies. Incorporating modeling and real-world examples from diverse taxa, ecosystems, and spatio-temporal scales, the book first presents research on recently observed rapid shifts in temperature and precipitation. It then explains how these shifts alter the biotic landscape within species and ecosystems, and how they may be expected to impose changes in the future. Also included are major sections on monitoring and conservation efforts in the face of contemporary climate change. Contributors highlight the general trends expected in wildlife and ecological responses as well as the exceptions and contingencies that may mediate those responses.
Topics covered include:
Description and quantification of how aspects of climate have recently changed, and may change in the future
Species-level and higher-order ecological responses to climate change and variability
Approaches to monitor and interpret ecological effects of climatic variability
Conservation and management efforts
The book discusses the quantification of the magnitude and variability in short-term responses, and delineates patterns of relative vulnerability among species and community types. It offers suggestions for designing investigations and management actions, including the long-term monitoring of ecological consequences of rapid climate change. It also identifies many of the biggest gaps in current knowledge, proposing avenues for further research. Bringing together many of the worldâ€™s leading experts on ecological effects of climate change, this unique and timely volume constitutes a valuable resource for practitioners, researchers, and students.
- Ebooks list page : 23522
- 2019-01-31Ecological Consequences of Climate Change Mechanisms, Conservation, and Management
- 2019-01-11Ecological Consequences of Climate Change Mechanisms, Conservation, and Management
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Ecological Consequences of Climate Change: Mechanisms, Conservation, and Management
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Abrupt Climate Change: Mechanisms, Patterns, and Impacts (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Radiocarbon and Climate Change: Mechanisms, Applications and Laboratory Techniques - Removed
- 2013-08-05Abrupt Climate Change: Mechanisms, Patterns, and Impacts
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2012-01-12Informing an Effective Response to Climate Change
- 2011-10-14Food Security and Climate Change in the Pacific: Rethinking the Options
- 2011-09-15Climate Change - Geophysical Foundations and Ecological Effects
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Climate Change Challenge (3C) and Social-Economic-Ecological Interface-Building: Exploring Potential Adaptation Strategies for Bio-resource ... (Environmental Science and Engineering)
- 2017-03-10Climate Change - Geophysical Foundations and Ecological Effects by Juan Blanco
- 2013-03-17Juan Blanco and Houshang Kheradmand, Climate Change - Geophysical Foundations and Ecological Effects
- 2011-12-11Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-12-07Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-11-04Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change
- 2011-08-31Advancing the Science of Climate Change
- 2011-08-17Advancing the Science of Climate Change (National Research Council)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.