Posted on 2014-01-24. By anonymous.
2013 | 200 Pages | ISBN: 1781955328 | PDF | 2 MB
This concise yet insightful sequel to the highly acclaimed The Nature of Economic Growth provides a comprehensive critique of both old and new growth theory, highlighting the importance of economic growth for reducing poverty. A.P. Thirlwall illustrates that orthodox growth theory continues to work with 'one-good' models and to treat factor supplies as exogenously given, independent of demand. Orthodox trade theory still ignores the balance of payments consequences of different patterns of trade specialisation when assessing the welfare effects of trade. The author goes on to present theory underpinned by up-to-date empirical evidence that factors of production and productivity growth are endogenous to demand, and that the structure of production and trade matter for the long-run growth performance of countries because of their impact on the balance of payments. He concludes that trade liberalisation has proved disappointing in improving the trade-off between growth and the balance of payments. This book will provide a challenging read for students and academics in the fields of economics, heterodox economics, and development. Policymakers focussing on the relationship between growth, trade and the balance of payments will also find the book to be of great interest.
- Ebooks list page : 24837
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Economic Growth in an Open Developing Economy: The Role of Structure and Demand
- 2014-01-26Economic Growth in an Open Developing Economy: The Role of Structure and Demand - eazydoc.com
- 2011-09-01The Role of Scientific and Technical Data and Information in the Public Domain: Proceedings of a Symposium
- 2018-08-17Economic Growth in Small Open Economies: Lessons from the Visegrad Countries
- 2018-07-06Economic Growth in Small Open Economies Lessons from the Visegrad Countries
- 2018-06-30Economic Growth in Small Open Economies: Lessons from the Visegrad Countries
- 2009-11-13Dynamics of Wage Fixation in a Developing Economy: The Case of Papua New Guinea
- 2009-05-22Strategy, Economic Organization, and the Knowledge Economy: The Coordination of Firms and Resources
- 2018-09-05Deep Economy The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Escape from Democracy: The Role of Experts and the Public in Economic Policy
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Sharing Economy: The End of Employment and the Rise of Crowd-Based Capitalism [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Rethinking Housing Bubbles: The Role of Household and Bank Balance Sheets in Modeling Economic Cycles
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Space Policy in Developing Countries: The Search for Security and Development on the Final Frontier (Space Power and Politics)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Who Runs the Economy?: The Role of Power in Economics
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Real Estate and the New Economy: The Impact of Information and Communications Technology (Real Estate Issues)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The GVAR Handbook: Structure and Applications of a Macro Model of the Global Economy for Policy Analysis
- 2017-04-14[PDF] Strategies for Growth in SMEs: The Role of Information and Information Sytems (Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann Information Systems)
- 2017-04-07[PDF] The Sharing Economy: The End of Employment and the Rise of Crowd-Based Capitalism
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Space Policy in Developing Countries: The Search for Security and Development on the Final Frontier (Space Power and Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.