Posted on 2019-03-18, by fubber.
Total files:34 | mp3, txt, epub G_P| 466 MB
Genre: eLearning | Language: English
The incredible true story of the card-counting mathematics professor who taught the world how to beat the dealer and, as the first of the great quantitative investors, ushered in a revolution on Wall Street.
A child of the Great Depression, legendary mathematician Edward O. Thorp invented card counting, proving the seemingly impossible: that you could beat the dealer at the blackjack table. As a result he launched a gambling renaissance. His remarkable success-and mathematically unassailable method-caused such an uproar that casinos altered the rules of the game to thwart him and the legions he inspired. They barred him from their premises, even put his life in jeopardy. Nonetheless, gambling was forever changed.
Thereafter, Thorp shifted his sights to "the biggest casino in the world": Wall Street. Devising and then deploying mathematical formulas to beat the market, Thorp ushered in the era of quantitative finance we live in today. Along the way, the so-called godfather of the quants played bridge with Warren Buffett, crossed swords with a young Rudy Giuliani, detected the Bernie Madoff scheme, and, to beat the game of roulette, invented, with Claude Shannon, the world's first wearable computer.
Here, for the first time, Thorp tells the story of what he did, how he did it, his passions and motivations, and the curiosity that has always driven him to disregard conventional wisdom and devise game-changing solutions to seemingly insoluble problems. An intellectual thrill ride, replete with practical wisdom that can guide us all in uncertain financial waters, A Man for All Markets is an instant classic-a book that challenges its readers to think logically about a seemingly irrational world.
Album: A Man for All Markets, From Las Vegas to Wall Street, How I Beat the Dealer and the Market
Artist: Edward O. Thorp
Bit rate: 64 Kbps
Bit rate mode: CBR
Sampling rate: 22 Khz
Format: MPEG Audio
Format version: Version 2
Format profile: Layer 3
Format mode: N/A
Download from NitroFlare
Download from UploadGig
Extract the archives with Winrar 5 or WinZip(zip files) & password
- Ebooks list page : 39840
- 2019-03-18Edward O. Thorp-A Man for All Markets, From Las Vegas to Wall Street
- 2018-10-05A Man for All Markets From Las Vegas to Wall Street (2017)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] A Man for All Markets: From Las Vegas to Wall Street, How I Beat the Dealer and the Market
- 2017-03-14A Man for All Markets [Audiobook]
- 2012-02-08Beat the Market: A Scientific Stock Market System - Edward O. Thorp
- 2012-01-01Beat the Market: A Scientific Stock Market System - Edward O. Thorp
- 2011-12-28Beat the Market: A Scientific Stock Market System - Edward O. Thorp
- 2011-12-12Beat the Market: A Scientific Stock Market System - Edward O. Thorp
- 2011-11-27Beat the Market: A Scientific Stock Market System - Edward O. Thorp
- 2018-04-21A Man For All Seasons Brian Owen's Six-Decade Football Odyssey
- 2017-12-14[PDF] A Man for All Seasons
- 2019-01-14Achieving Quality Education for All Perspectives from the Asia-Pacific Region and Beyond
- 2019-01-11Achieving Quality Education for All Perspectives from the Asia-Pacific Region and Beyond
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Chord Progressions for Guitar: 101 Patterns for All Styles from Folk to Funk!
- 2017-10-29Ukulele Aerobics: For All Levels, From Beginner to Advanced
- 2017-10-10[PDF] 1001 Business Letters for All Occasions: From Interoffice Memos and Employee Evaluations to Company Policies and Business Invitations - Templates for Every Situation
- 2010-10-17Innovation for All?: Learning from the Portuguese Path to Technical Change and the Dynamics of Innovation
- 2009-12-04Musicians Institute - Chord Progressions for Guitar: 101 Patterns for All Styles from Folk to Funk
- 2008-12-22Chord Progressions for Guitar: 101 Patterns for All Styles from Folk to Funk! (Book/CD)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.