Posted on 2018-07-08, by nokia241186.
Emperor of Liberty:Thomas Jefferson's Foreign Policy by Francis D. Cogliano
2014 | ISBN: 0300179936 | English | 320 pages | PDF | 2 MB
A dramatic reevaluation of Thomas Jefferson's thinking on foreign policy and his record as a statesman
This book, the first in decades to closely examine Thomas Jefferson's foreign policy, offers a compelling reinterpretation of his attitudes and accomplishments as a statesman during America's early nationhood. Beginning with Jefferson's disastrous stint as wartime governor of Virginia during the American Revolution, and proceeding to his later experiences as a diplomat in France, Secretary of State, and U.S. Vice President, historian Francis Cogliano considers how these varied assignments shaped Jefferson's thinking about international relations. The author then addresses Jefferson's two terms as President-his goals, the means he employed to achieve them, and his final record as a statesman.
Cogliano documents the evolution of Jefferson's attitudes toward the use of force and the disposition of state power. He argues that Jefferson, although idealistic in the ends he sought to achieve, was pragmatic in the means he employed. Contrary to received wisdom, Jefferson was comfortable using deadly force when he deemed it necessary and was consistent in his foreign policy ends-prioritizing defense of the American republic above all else. His failures as a statesman were, more often than not, the result of circumstances beyond his control, notably the weakness of the fledgling American republic in a world of warring empires.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36631
- 2019-01-03Emperor of Liberty Thomas Jefferson's Foreign Policy (The Lewis Walpole Series in Eighteenth-Century Culture and History)
- 2018-06-17Emperor of Liberty Thomas Jefferson's Foreign Policy
- 2018-06-12Emperor of Liberty Thomas Jefferson's Foreign Policy
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Thomas Jefferson: Lawyer, Architect, Planter, Statesman, Father of Liberty
- 2011-11-09Wars on Terrorism and Iraq: Human Rights, Unilateralism and US Foreign Policy
- 2009-12-15Empire of Liberty: The Statecraft of Thomas Jefferson
- 2009-07-25Liberty and Power: A Dialogue on Religion and U.S. Foreign Policy in an Unjust World
- 2009-02-04Economic Casualties: How U.S. Foreign policy Undermines Trade, Growth and Liberty
- 2019-08-25Financial Statecraft The Role of Financial Markets in American Foreign Policy
- 2019-08-06@(Good) - Why You Should Read A World in Disarray: American Foreign Policy and the Crisis of the Old Order by Richard N. Haass Online or Download [EPUB MOBI PDF]
- 2019-06-25The Politics of Protest and US Foreign Policy Performative Construction of the War on Terror
- 2019-06-25Global Good Samaritans Human Rights as Foreign Policy
- 2019-06-07Foreign Policy July-August (2017)
- 2019-05-09Great Power Rising Theodore Roosevelt and the Politics of U.S. Foreign Policy
- 2019-05-05Thomas Jefferson's Creme Brulee
- 2019-04-30Foreign Policy Begins at Home by Richard Haass
- 2019-03-27Great Power Rising Theodore Roosevelt and the Politics of U.S. Foreign Policy
- 2019-03-25Thomas Jefferson's Creme Brulee
- 2019-02-28The Myth of American Diplomacy National Identity and U.S. Foreign Policy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.