[request_ebook] Ending the Vietnam War : A History of America's Involvement in and Extrication from the Vietnam War
Author: Henry Kissinger
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted on 2011-10-20, by nerf.
From Publishers Weekly:As a relatively unknown Harvard professor, Kissinger played an interesting-though entirely cloaked and somewhat serendipitous-role in one of Lyndon Johnson's muddled attempts to end the Vietnam War through diplomacy. Later on, he sat at the nexus of American power during his days as Nixon's foreign policy adviser, national security adviser and secretary of state. In addition to being a major player in the events he narrates here, Kissinger is also a scholar of the first rank and a gifted prose stylist. Thus readers interested in the Vietnam period but unfamiliar with Kissinger's previous books will find this new volume worthwhile. All others will find it redundant, nearly entirely derivative from chapters previously published in his three volumes of memoirs and his study Diplomacy. "I have rearranged and occasionally rewritten the material to provide a consecutive narrative," Kissinger writes in his foreword, and "reshaped the narrative from the anecdotal tone of memoirs to a more general account of the period...." Like the previous works from which it is mined, this new book provides a cogently written insider's take on the process of shutting down America's involvement in the long Southeast Asia conflict. The sections documenting Kissinger's day-to-day, face-to-face skirmishes with the North Vietnamese over a negotiating table in Paris are particularly engaging. Overall, Kissinger's account of America's venture in Vietnam and his role in that shipwreck is factually accurate, eminently informed and masterfully crafted. But it is also an account that many of us have already read.
- Ebooks list page : 14602
- 2018-08-14Ending the Vietnam War A History of America's Involvement in and Extrication from the Vietnam War
- 2012-02-17[request]The Pursuit of Italy: A History of a Land, its Regions and their Peoples
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The History of American Higher Education: Learning and Culture from the Founding to World War II
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Age of Faith: A History of Medieval Civilization-Christian, Islamic, and Judaic-From Constantine to Dante : A.D. 325-1300 (The Story of Civilization, 4) (Vol 4)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] A History of Histories: Epics, Chronicles, Romances and Inquiries from Herodotus and Thucydides to the Twentieth Century
- 2011-12-08A History of Philosophy, Vol. 1: Greece and Rome From the Pre-Socratics to Plotinus
- 2011-12-05A History of Philosophy, Vol. 1: Greece and Rome From the Pre-Socratics to Plotinus (Repost)
- 2010-08-12A History of Personality Psychology: Theory, Science, and Research from Hellenism to the Twenty-First Century
- 2009-09-23Rousseau and Revolution: A History of Civilization in France, England, and Germany from 1756, and in the Remainder of Europe
- 2018-12-19About Face A History of America's Curious Relationship with China, from Nixon to Clinton
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Vietnam War: The History of America's Conflict in Southeast Asia (Classic Conflicts)
- 2009-12-13Ending the Vietnam War: The Vietnamese Communists' Perspective
- 2019-01-11Empire and Education A History of Greed and Goodwill from the War of 1898 to the War on Terror
- 2018-12-21Empire and Education A History of Greed and Goodwill from the War of 1898 to the War on Terror
- 2018-06-27Ending the Cold War Interpretations, Causation, and the Study of International Relations
- 2018-06-15The Tank Killers A History of America's World War II Tank Destroyer Force [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-04NoNonsense Legalizing Drugs The key to ending the war (No-Nonsense Guides)
- 2018-05-18The Tank Killers: A History of America's World War II Tank Destroyer Force [Audiobook]
- 2018-04-12NoNonsense Legalizing Drugs: The key to ending the war (No-Nonsense Guides)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.