Energy Efficient High Performance Processors Recent Approaches for Designing Green High Performance Computing
Posted on 2018-04-16, by nokia241186.
Energy Efficient High Performance Processors: Recent Approaches for Designing Green High Performance Computing By Jawad Haj-Yahya
English | PDF,EPUB | 2018 | 176 Pages | ISBN : 9811085536 | 7.87 MB
This book explores energy efficiency techniques for high-performance computing (HPC) systems using power-management methods. Adopting a step-by-step approach, it describes power-management flows, algorithms and mechanism that are employed in modern processors such as Intel Sandy Bridge, Haswell, Skylake and other architectures (e.g. ARM). Further, it includes practical examples and recent studies demonstrating how modem processors dynamically manage wide power ranges, from a few milliwatts in the lowest idle power state, to tens of watts in turbo state. Moreover, the book explains how thermal and power deliveries are managed in the context this huge power range.
The book also discusses the different metrics for energy efficiency, presents several methods and applications of the power and energy estimation, and shows how by using innovative power estimation methods and new algorithms modern processors are able to optimize metrics such as power, energy, and performance. Different power estimation tools are presented, including tools that break down the power consumption of modern processors at sub-processor core/thread granularity. The book also investigates software, firmware and hardware coordination methods of reducing power consumption, for example a compiler-assisted power management method to overcome power excursions. Lastly, it examines firmware algorithms for dynamic cache resizing and dynamic voltage and frequency scaling (DVFS) for memory sub-systems.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36041
- 2011-09-22The Rise of Games and High Performance Computing for Modeling and Simulation
- 2012-03-22Green from the Ground Up: Sustainable, Healthy, and Energy-Efficient Home Construction (Builder's Guide) - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Energy-Efficient HVAC Design: An Essential Guide for Sustainable Building
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Energy Efficient Microwave Systems: Materials Processing Technologies for Avionic, Mobility and Environmental Applications
- 2014-05-31Recent Advances on Hybrid Approaches for Designing Intelligent Systems
- 2014-05-28Recent Advances on Hybrid Approaches for Designing Intelligent Systems
- 2009-04-25Energy Efficient Microwave Systems: Materials Processing Technologies for Avionic, Mobility and Environmental Applications
- 2017-11-15[PDF] The Architecture of Light: Recent Approaches to Designing with Natural Light
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Practical Approaches For Designing Accessible Websites
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Architecture of Light: Recent Approaches to Designing with Natural Light
- 2017-12-12[PDF] High-Performance Energy-Efficient Microprocessor Design (Integrated Circuits and Systems)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] High-Performance Energy-Efficient Microprocessor Design (Integrated Circuits and Systems)
- 2014-01-03Energy-Efficient Communication Processors: Design and Implementation for Emerging Wireless Systems - eazydoc.com
- 2013-11-02Energy-Efficient Communication Processors: Design and Implementation for Emerging Wireless Systems
- 2011-11-20Energy Efficient Homes for Dummies
- 2011-11-08Vojin G. Oklobdzija, Ram K. Krishnamurthy, "High-Performance Energy-Efficient Microprocessor Design"
- 2011-11-04Vojin G. Oklobdzija, Ram K. Krishnamurthy, "High-Performance Energy-Efficient Microprocessor Design" (repost)
- 2011-11-03Vojin G. Oklobdzija, Ram K. Krishnamurthy, "High-Performance Energy-Efficient Microprocessor Design"
- 2011-05-17Light's labour's lost: Policies for Energy-Efficient Lighting
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.