Author: John L. Watson
Publisher: B. T. Batsford, Ltd.
Tag: Game Development
Posted on 2011-07-09, by sharebookfree.
John L. Watson | B. T. Batsford, Ltd. | 1982-07-09 | 319 pages | English | PDF
AUTHOR'S PREFACE This is my favourite volume of the series, primarily because there are so many original ideas and untrodden byways to be explored. Also, fortunately, English III was an extra year in preparation by comparison with English I and English II; and the past year has been a revolutionary one for I ... P-QB4. Crucial but previously-ignored lines were tested, articles were widespread, and many critical questions were resolved. I had the opportunity to broaden my researches considerably, both into past tournaments and throughout the unwieldy mass of contemporary chess material. One result of this new search, however, was a problem with space. At times there were so many good examples the editing procedure became painful! In general I tried to adhere to the principles expressed in the Author's Preface to Volume I, i.e. to organize the most instructive examples so that, in combination with notes, they show the results of distinct strategies and/or timing. I tried to include as many new ideas and original analyses as possible, indicating thereby which lines were unresolved and which ones were crucial for the assessment of a variation. Usually I have preferred to juxtapose several important games and ideas rather than present one 'ideal' game and mislead the reader into a sim plistic view. Transpositions become quite dense after I ... P-QB4, and at points .the text may seem disconcertingly cluttered with notes such as '6 N-B3 is Chapter 6, A22' or 'For 5 ... KN-K2, see D31.' I thought it better in the long run to list transpositions as thoroughly and exactly as possible instead of ignoring them or saying, e.g. ',6 N-B3 is Chapter 6' or '5 ... KN-K2 is analysed above.' Simply playing through a section or chapter once without cross-referencing will go a long ways towards making the transpositions clearer and easier to remember. At any rate, one should not be overly worried about move order before getting a feel for the material (ideally, by playing some games oneself). After all the time I have spent on 1 P-QB4 P-QB4, I find my fascination for its intricacies still increasing. I hope the reader will derive similar satisfaction! Publisher: B.T. Batsford, Ltd. Number Of Pages: 327 Publication Date: 1982-07-03 ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0713426888 ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780713426885 Binding: Hardcover
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 12244
- 2017-12-21[PDF] English 1..P-QB4
- 2012-01-21English 1...P-QB4
- 2012-01-21English 1...P-QB4 (Repost)
- 2011-03-25[share_ebook] English (1September) #6 2011
- 2011-02-27English 1...P-QB4
- 2008-12-07English 1...P-QB4
- 2012-01-29250 Ways to Say It in Business English
- 2012-01-07Ultimate AK Stile Rifle Builder - English
- 2011-12-19New York Times Fiction Bestsellers 2010 - 2011 - English
- 2011-12-16New York Times Fiction Bestsellers 2010 - 2011 - English
- 2011-12-09Ultimate AK Stile Rifle Builder - English
- 2011-06-23English Matters - special edition (United Kingdom) (with Audio)
- 2012-09-24The Key to English Series: Vocabulary
- 2012-09-22The Key to English Series: Vocabulary
- 2012-09-01The Key to English Series: Vocabulary
- 2012-06-06Statistics in Plain English
- 2012-05-26E-Boat vs MTB.The English Channel 1941-1945 (Osprey Duel 34) - Removed
- 2012-05-21English Electric Lightning (Crowood Aviation Series)
- 2012-02-21Vocabulary in Context - English Language Institute
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.