Posted on 2013-12-13. By anonymous.
Raymond N. Yong, Masashi Nakano, Roland Pusch - Environmental Soil Properties and Behaviour
Published: 2012-03-05 | ISBN: 1439845298 | PDF | 455 pages | 9 MB
From bridges and tunnels to nuclear waste repositories, structures require that soils maintain their design engineering properties if the structures are to reach their projected life spans. The same is true for earth dams, levees, buffers, barriers for landfills, and other structures that use soils as engineered materials. Yet soil, a natural resource, continues to change as a result of natural and anthropogenic stresses. As the discipline of soil properties and behaviours matures, new tools and techniques are making it possible to study these properties and behaviours in more depth.
What Happens to Soil Under Weathering, Aging, and Chemical Stress?
Environmental Soil Properties and Behaviour examines changes in soil properties and behaviour caused by short- and long-term stresses from anthropogenic activities and environmental forces. Introducing new concepts of soil behaviour, soil maturation, and soil functionality, it integrates soil physics, soil chemistry, and soil mechanics as vital factors in soil engineering. The book focuses on environmental soil behaviour, with particular attention to two main inter-related groups of soil–environment issues. The first is the use of soil as an environmental tool for management and containment of toxic and hazardous waste materials. The second is the impact of ageing and weathering processes and soil contamination on the properties and behaviour of soils, especially those used in geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering projects.
A Transdisciplinary Look at Soil-Changing Processes
To determine short- and long-term soil quality and soil functionality, the authors emphasize the need to be aware of the nature of the stressors involved as well as the kinds of soil-changing processes that are evoked. This book takes a first step toward a much-needed transdisciplinary effort to develop a broader and deeper understanding of what happens to soil and how we can determine and quantify the effect of biogeochemical processes. It offers a timely resource for the study of soil properties and behaviours, effects of environmental changes, and remediation of contaminated soil.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 24143
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Soil Properties and their Correlations
- 2012-04-21Disturbed Soil Properties and Geotechnical Design
- 2018-07-21Meeting Expectations in Management Education Social and Environmental Pressures on Managerial Behaviour
- 2018-05-13Geomechanics in Soil, Rock, and Environmental Engineering
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Wood: Types, Properties, and Uses (Environmental Science, Engineering and Technology)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Soil Colloids: Properties and Ion Binding (Surfactant Science)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Thermal and Mineral Waters: Origin, Properties and Applications (Environmental Earth Sciences)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Major Soil Groups of the World: Ecology, Genesis, Properties and Classification
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Soil Properties: Testing, Measurement, and Evaluation (6th Edition)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Bentonite Clay: Environmental Properties and Applications
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Speciation Studies in Soil, Sediment and Environmental Samples
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Environmental Soil-Landscape Modeling: Geographic Information Technologies and Pedometrics
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Handbook of Physical-Chemical Properties and Environmental Fate for Organic Chemicals, Second Edition
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Environmental Resource Management and the Nexus Approach: Managing Water, Soil, and Waste in the Context of Global Change
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Geotechnical Engineering: Principles and Practices of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Environmental Soil and Water Chemistry: Principles and Applications
- 2017-07-14The Spirit Of The Soil Agriculture And Environmental Ethics, Second Edition
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Soil Properties: Testing, Measurement, and Evaluation (5th Edition)
- 2017-04-10[PDF] Environmental Engineering: Prevention and Response to Water-, Food-, Soil-, and Air-borne Disease and Illness (Wiley)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.