Posted on 2017-07-17, updated at 2017-07-17, by everest555.
Epistemic Cultures: How the Sciences Make Knowledge by Karin Knorr Cetina
English | 1999 | ISBN: 0674258940 , 0674258932 | ISBN-13: 9780674258945 , 9780674258938 | 352 pages | PDF | 26 MB
How does science create knowledge? Epistemic cultures, shaped by affinity, necessity, and historical coincidence, determine how we know what we know. In this book, Karin Knorr Cetina compares two of the most important and intriguing epistemic cultures of our day, those in high energy physics and molecular biology.
Her work highlights the diversity of these cultures of knowing and, in its depiction of their differences-in the meaning of the empirical, the enactment of object relations, and the fashioning of social relations-challenges the accepted view of a unified science.
By many accounts, contemporary Western societies are becoming "knowledge societies"-which run on expert processes and expert systems epitomized by science and structured into all areas of social life. By looking at epistemic cultures in two sample cases, this book addresses pressing questions about how such expert systems and processes work, what principles inform their cognitive and procedural orientations, and whether their organization, structures, and operations can be extended to other forms of social order.
The first ethnographic study to systematically compare two different scientific laboratory cultures, this book sharpens our focus on epistemic cultures as the basis of the knowledge society.
- Ebooks list page : 31792
- 2017-07-17Epistemic Cultures: How The Sciences Make Knowledge
- 2014-02-09Epistemic Cultures: How the Sciences Make Knowledge
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Sensual God: How the Senses Make the Almighty Senseless
- 2010-04-14Revolutionising the Sciences: European Knowledge
- 2010-04-06Revolutionising the Sciences: European Knowledge and Its Ambitions, 1500-1700
- 2012-09-18Make: School's Out Summer Fun Guide
- 2012-08-07Make: School's Out Summer Fun Guide
- 2011-11-28How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2011-08-23How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2018-04-16I Only Say This Because I Love You How the Way We Talk Can Make or Break Family Relationships Throughout Our Lives
- 2018-04-11Coffee for One How the New Way to Make Your Morning Brew Became a Tempest in a Coffee Pod
- 2018-03-11I Only Say This Because I Love You: How the Way We Talk Can Make or Break Family Relationships Throughout Our Lives
- 2018-02-08Liz Wiseman Multipliers, Revised And Updated How The Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Stress Test: How Pressure Can Make You Stronger and Sharper
- 2018-01-17[PDF] I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-14[PDF] How Women Can Make It Work: The Science of Success (Women and Careers in Management)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter
- 2018-01-05[PDF] I Know How She Does it: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time
- 2018-01-02[PDF] How to Speak Money: The Language and Knowledge You Need Now
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.