Posted on 2019-01-24, by nokia241186.
Everyday Life in Joseon-Era Korea: Economy and Society by The Organization of Korean Historians and Michael D Shin
English | 2014 | ISBN: 9004261125 | 296 pages | PDF | 12,8 MB
Winner of the 2014 Choice Outstanding Academic Title Award
Everyday Life in Joseon-Era Korea shows how the momentous changes of the time transformed the lives of the common people. In twenty-three concise chapters, the book covers topics ranging from agriculture, commerce, and mining to education, marriage, and food culture. It examines how both the spread of Neo-Confucianism in the early Joseon period and its decline from the seventeenth century impacted economic and social life.
The book also demonstrates that much of what is thought of as ancient Korean tradition actually developed in the Joseon period. Chapters in this book discuss how customs such as ancestor worship, the use of genealogies, and foods such as kimchi all originated or became widespread in this era.
Contributors: Kim Kuentae, Yeom Jeong Sup, Kim Sung Woo, Lee Hun-Chang, Lee Uk, Yoo Pil Jo, Kim Kyung-ran, Kim Eui-Hwan, Oh Soo-chang, Ko Dong-Hwan, Kwon Nae-Hyun, Lee Hae Jun, Jung Jin Young, Kwon Ki-jung, Han Sang Kwon, Kwon Soon-Hyung, Jang Dong-Pyo, Seo-Tae-Won, Sim Jae-woo, Chung Yeon-sik, O Jong-rok, Hong Soon Min. This volume was co-translated by Edward Park and Michael D. Shin.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38797
- 2019-01-11Everyday Life in Joseon-Era Korea Economy and Society
- 2018-12-21Everyday Life in Joseon-Era Korea Economy and Society
- 2011-09-18Civilization and Capitalism, 15th-18th Century, Vol. I: The Structure of Everyday Life
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Korea 2013: Politics, Economy and Society (Korea: Politics, Economy and Society)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Psychotherapy in Everyday Life (Learning in Doing: Social, Cognitive and Computational Perspectives)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Sensors for Everyday Life: Healthcare Settings (Smart Sensors, Measurement and Instrumentation) - Removed
- 2017-10-17[PDF] The Science of Everyday Life: Why Teapots Dribble, Toast Burns and Light Bulbs Shine
- 2010-06-24The Decline of Life: Old Age in Eighteenth-Century England (Cambridge Studies in Population, Economy and Society in Past Time)
- 2019-07-11The Sustainable State The Future of Government, Economy, and Society
- 2019-01-31Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) Economy and Society - Removed
- 2019-01-15Syria in World War I Politics, Economy, and Society
- 2019-01-14Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) Economy and Society
- 2019-01-11Ecology, Economy and Society Essays in Honour of Kanchan Chopra
- 2019-01-11Syria in World War I Politics, Economy, and Society
- 2018-12-25Ecology, Economy and Society Essays in Honour of Kanchan Chopra
- 2018-12-21Syria in World War I Politics, Economy, and Society
- 2018-12-20Perspectives on Kurdistan's Economy and Society in Transition
- 2018-09-26Ecology, Economy and Society Essays in Honour of Kanchan Chopra
- 2018-07-29Nature, Economy and Society Understanding the Linkages
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.